Are you looking for the next step in your career that will bring you personal growth and will broaden your technical expertise? This is your chance; The Conservatorium Hotel is looking for Technical Engineers. Be part of this close knit team that treats each other like family.
What are you going to do?
As our Engineer you will resolve technical failures, disassemble and replace parts and perform technical inspections within the hotel. You will be helping out guests and you communicate with them directly when there is an issue in their room or in the public areas.
Furthermore, you will troubleshoot and work on plumbing, repair kitchen equipment, various installations and lighting. Finally, you will prepare and assist with rebuilding, working alongside third party companies hired by the hotel on major repairs and preventative maintenance throughout the hotel.
Lastly, our new colleague is able to work independently, requires a good level of English, and is willing to work flexible shifts. Both day and night, weekdays and weekends.
The building is over 100 years old, with many spaces only available to the engineering department. It is fascinating to see what goes on beyond the guest rooms and public spaces. Together as a team, the engineering department makes sure that every day, the hotel looks like it has just been opened yesterday. The engineering department has a big variety of tasks and you never know what the day will bring. One moment you are working on the pool, and the next you are replacing a large glass panel in a guest room.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
Working at The Conservatorium Hotel means working in an environment that empowers all of its employees. Professional and personal growth is key, while also ensuring a balance between work and life.
The engineering team consists of carpenters, painters and technical engineers. As a technical engineer you will be directly reporting to the Engineering Manager. Shifts are usually from 8:00AM until 4:00PM, while the duty engineers work in 8-hours shifts, 24/7, every day of the year.
We offer an inspiring work environment. Where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills. Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa. Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
The Conservatorium hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are one of the four founding members of The Set Collection. A carefully curated luxury hotel collection, comprising of some of the world’s most exceptional, likeminded, independent hotels and resorts worldwide.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is a team orientated and reliable colleague, who enjoys working in a close-knit team within a vibrant luxury hotel.
Furthermore, you have/are:
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in a similar role;
- Experience with electrical installations;
- Able to work independently;
- A good level of English;
- Able to work flexible shifts, both day and night, weekdays and weekends.
What can you expect?
- A salary between €2300,- and €2600, - (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Amsterdam F&B Discount Card - this card equals 50% discount to dine in at the top hotel restaurants of Amsterdam (after completing probation period);
- Discounted Health Insurance - As an employee of the Conservatorium hotel you can have a discount on your health insurance at Achmea, Zilveren Kruis;
- In-house Experiences – wonderful complimentary stays in our hotels to both truly enjoy and learn about the experience we offer our guests;
- Discounted rates on the (F&B) properties of The Set Hotels – Conservatorium (Amsterdam), Lutetia (Paris) and Café Royal (London);
- A New Hire Incentive – A successful referral might reward you a beautiful incentive;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0042 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com.
Due to the abundance of applications, we receive for our career opportunities we will only reply to candidates that fit the job profile. When applying with us please make sure that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, have secured housing in Amsterdam and have the right experience and motivation. According to GDPR regulations, we will not save your personal details without your approval.