Sommelier - Taiko
Are you an enthusiastic and guest orientated wine professional? Do you want to make your next step in your career in the number one 5 star luxury hotel in The Netherlands? Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
What are you going to do?
As the Sommelier of Taiko restaurant, you will advise and inspire guests on the wine paring, sharing your enthusiasm and the story of the Hotel and Taiko. You will assist and advise on possible updates of the wine and beverage lists, attend wine tastings and cross sell the other Food & Beverage outlets in the hotel. You will share your passion, product knowledge and enthusiasm with other hotel colleagues, who are all eager to learn more.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium's Taiko Cuisine is located in the former percussion room of the Conservatorium School. In the early days, while walking along the Paulus Potterstraat when the windows were open, people could hear the students practicing their drum solos.
This Asian inspired restaurant, created by Schilo van Coevorden, we take the guests on a journey, every dish is created with the best quality products and attention to details. Just like in the past, the sounds of the drum bounce of the walls, thanks to the percussionist who plays the Taiko drum during dinner every Friday and Saturday night.
The Conservatorium hotel is a 5-star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are one of the four founding members of The Set Collection. A carefully curated luxury hotel collection, comprising of some of the world’s most exceptional, likeminded, independent hotels and resorts worldwide.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is eager to learn, motivated to teaching others and a strong communicator. We are looking for people who share our DNA that as a team we go for continues development and strive for perfection. Furthermore, you are/have:
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years’ experience as sommelier in a luxury restaurant or hotel
- Excellent verbal knowledge of the English language, Dutch is preferred;
- Knowledge of Asian cuisine, wines (WSET 3) and Sake;
- Ability to work evenings and weekend shifts.
What can you expect?
- A competitive salary and appropriate employment conditions, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Amsterdam F&B Discount Card – 50% discount in restaurants at other high-end hotels in Amsterdam;
- Discounted Health Insurance – get reduced rates on your health insurance at Zilveren Kruis;
- Taiko Cuisine, Brasserie & Lounge and Akasha – discounts in our outlets;
- Company Fitness – discounted rates on sport subscription with ‘BedrijfsFitness Nederland’;
- In-house Experiences – once-a-year complimentary stay in our hotels to both truly enjoy and learn about our guest experience;
- Discounted rates on the properties of The Set Collection– Amsterdam, Paris and London;
- Hire Incentive – recommend a friend and receive a nice bonus;
- Additional Benefits at Ecco, Brandmeester’s Coffee, Coffee District and Pasteuning Wines.
Are we your next destination?
Please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0042 or send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the abundance of applications, we receive for our career opportunities we will only reply to candidates that fit the job profile. When applying with us please make sure that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, have secured housing in Amsterdam and have the right experience and motivation. According to GDPR regulations, we will not save your personal details without your approval.