Sous Chef Taiko Cuisine
Are you an experience leader in the kitchen and achieve the highest level together with other ambitious and enthusiastic chefs in Amsterdam? Do you want to get inspired by the style and influence of the Dutch MasterChef Schilo van Coevorden and work next to the Chef de Cuisine? Then this might be a perfect opportunity for you!
What are you going to do?
In your role as Sous Chef Taiko you will:
- Supervise the day to day operation of all sections within the kitchen, overseeing all aspects of food production, hygiene and cost control;
- Oversee the quality and continuity of the dishes;
- Plan and organise the work in Taiko kitchen, reporting to the Chef de Cuisine;
- Display a passionate, fun and enthusiastic approach to cooking in order to motivate the team and create an enjoyable, cohesive and supporting working environment to work in;
- Act as a role model and mentor to junior members of the brigade in order to guide and support them in their personal and career development.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium's Taiko Cuisine is located in the former percussion room of the Conservatorium School. In the early days while walking along the Paulus Potterstraat when the windows were open, people could hear the students practicing their drum solos.
At this Asian inspired restaurant, created by Schilo Van Coevorden, we take the guests on a journey, every dish is created with the best quality products and attention to details.
Just like in the past, the sounds of the drum bounce of the walls, thanks to the percussionist who plays the Taiko drum during dinner every Friday and Saturday night.
The kitchen of Taiko Cuisine is opened Mon-Thu 6:30PM – 10:30PM, while Friday and Saturday the kitchen is open until 11:30PM. Sundays the restaurant is closed.
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 properties (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is energetic and are able to manage stressful moments during the day. We are looking for people who share our DNA that as a team we go for continues development and strive for perfection.
Furthermore he or she has:
- You have minimum of 3 year proven experience in a sous-chef position;
- You have experience working in a 5-star luxury hotel or in a Michelin – star Restaurant;
- You have a strong passion and experience with Asian food;
- You are familiar with HACCP and ensures a clean work environment;
- You have a good knowledge of the English (and maybe Dutch) language;
- Ability to work evenings and weekend shifts;
- Allowed to work in the Netherlands already;
- Living in (or near) Amsterdam.
What can you expect?
- A salary between €2.500 and €2.900 based on experience and appropriate employment conditions, like travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com