The Set Safe Stay
In order to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our guests and employees, we have raised our standards to meet the health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19. See below to read ‘The Set Safe Stay’ including implemented changes at every step of the guest journey. We are committed to ensure that you stay safe and well in all of our hotels. All standards will continue to be reviewed and re-evaluated regularly to grant relevance and that they are based on the guidance of the World Health Organisation and local health and government authorities.
Throughout the pandemic, we have been updating our booking & cancellation policies in order to offer you as much flexibility as possible. This will continue and we kindly invite you to contact our reservations team should you have any questions or enquiries. We cannot wait to welcome you back into our lobbies, our guest rooms, our restaurants and our spas. More than ever, our teams are ready to capture your hearts and minds as you explore and re-engage with us in some of the world’s most vibrant destinations.
Until we meet again, please stay safe and healthy.
This is our commitment to you...
Health Security Verified™ Status by Forbes
We are proud to announce that we are Sharecare Health Security VERIFIED™ with Forbes Travel Guide. The comprehensive facility verification helps ensure that guests and travel planners can book with confidence and that our property that has appropriate health safety procedures in place.
This verification comes with an easily identifiable “seal of approval” – the Sharecare VERIFIED™ with Forbes Travel Guide badge – based on a hotel’s compliance with expert-validated best practices that minimize the risk and impact of COVID-19 and potential future public health events.
Developed by Forbes Travel Guide, the global authority on hospitality excellence, and digital health industry leader Sharecare, the comprehensive verification covers more than 360 standards across health and hygiene protocols, cleaning products and procedures, ventilation, physical distancing, the guest experience, and health safety communication with guests and employees. Hotels are required to verify their health protocols on an ongoing basis to ensure continued compliance with the most up-to-date global health standards.
Please note that the coronavirus entry pass system applies to our Brasserie & Lounge and all meetings and events in our dedicated spaces. Everyone aged 13 years and over will have to show a valid coronavirus entry pass to gain admission. Everyone aged 14 years and over will also have to show their ID along with their valid coronavirus entry pass.
- Wherever possible we encourage guests to connect with us through touchless and contactless mediums. Whether via a phone call, messages or email, we are here for you before, during and after your stay.
- Information will be shared digitally when feasible, including invoices upon check out.
- In order to welcome groups, seating capacities in event spaces are adjusted to meet social distancing guidelines.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Personal face masks and additional amenity items such as hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes and gloves, will be offered to guests where available.
- Other personal protective equipment such as gloves, hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes are available for all our employees.
Exceptional focus on hygiene & cleanliness
- All of our employees follow strict rules for personal hygiene.
- There are hand sanitizing stations placed throughout all high-traffic areas, public spaces and back of house areas.
- The cleaning of all guest rooms and public areas has been enhanced to adhere to World Health Organisation and local health and government authorities cleaning protocols.
- This includes more frequent and in-depth disinfecting of high-touch areas, while using the correct cleaning materials.
The Set Stay: a responsibility we share
- We will do everything we can to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our guests and employees. We also know that we can rely on you, our guests, to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and ask that when staying with us, you follow our guidance when in and around the hotel.
- We have raised our standards even further in meeting the health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19. Thank you in advance for your assistance in keeping us all safe during your stay with us.
Enhanced and consistent training
- All of our employees have followed training in order to secure a safe and clean visit for our guests.
- This training is ongoing and consistently updated to ensure a dedicated focus from our employees when looking after the health and safety of our guests.
- Please note that the coronavirus entry pass system applies to our Brasserie & Lounge and all meetings and events in our dedicated spaces. Everyone aged 13 years and over will have to show a valid coronavirus entry pass to gain admission. Everyone aged 14 years and over will also have to show their ID along with their valid coronavirus entry pass.
- Should a guest or employee show any concerns around their wellbeing or symptoms of COVID-19, the hotel will respond immediately by following all current public health guidelines.
- Employees feeling sick must stay home. Those exhibiting symptoms will be required to self-isolate in compliance with local authority guidelines.
Touching guest belongings will be kept to a minimum and cash payments are no longer accepted. Guests are able to take the elevator and an introduction video is available in the room to understand the room facilities and technical instructions. Guests will be informed on arrival about the main procedures in the hotel, instructions on housekeeping service and other hotel information. Digital invoices will be promoted.
Hand sanitizer stations are available at all entrances and in key areas throughout the hotel, as well as disposable masks and gloves.
The Van Baerle Shopping Gallery is open and accessible via the Van Baerlestraat entrance. For more information about the measures taken in the shops and for opening hours, please contact the shops directly.
Our housekeeping team will only access the rooms for planned cleaning and only when the guests are not present in the room. During the servicing we will not re-arrange the guests' personal belongings.
All clothing, when allowed, will be washed prior to being pressed. All returned laundry will be delivered in a plastic cover for additional hygiene and placed on a trolley for the guest to pick up.
Restaurants & bar
Please note that the coronavirus entry pass system applies to our restaurants & bar. Everyone aged 13 years and over will have to show a valid coronavirus entry pass to gain admission. Everyone aged 14 years and over will also have to show their ID along with their valid coronavirus entry pass. The host of the restaurant will welcome guests and each guest is requested to use hand sanitizer upon arrival. Wipes will be available for guests to sanitize their phone or (credit) card before using, no cash payments are accepted. In between shifts, all tables will be disinfected. The frequency of cleaning and disinfecting food and beverage service areas (front-and back of house) has been increased.
The in-room dining attendant follows the social distancing advice if preffered. After each use, the room service trays will be disinfected.
Meeting & Events
Please note that the coronavirus entry pass system applies to all meetings and events in our dedicated spaces. Everyone aged 13 years and over will have to show a valid coronavirus entry pass to gain admission. Everyone aged 14 years and over will also have to show their ID along with their valid coronavirus entry pass.
The meeting room capacity is adjusted to maintain rules set by the government. The desk, work area, and equipment used during the meeting or event will be disinfected directly after each meeting or event. In order to ensure guests’ health and safety, the business centre is closed. Guests are able to work from their rooms or one of our staff members will allocate a safe working space within the hotel.
Wellness & gym
Hand sanitizer stations are located in the wellness & gym. In the gym, staff will make sure equipment is cleaned after every use while we will also place basic equipment inside guest rooms upon request. Hand sanitizer dispensers and disinfecting wipes are available throughout the gym.
Hotel guests need to reserve a timeslot prior to their arrival to be able to make use of the swimming pool, jacuzzi, hammam and sauna.
Guests are only able to visit Akasha with a pre-booked reservation for a massage or facial treatment. A mandatory health questionnaire will be executed prior to every treatment, which may include a temperature check. Therapists can wear a face mask if preffered. No cash payments are accepted.
In order to ensure guests’ and employees’ health and safety, we have implemented guidelines and instructions around the hotel. All employees are trained in order to secure a safe and clean visit for our guests. Washing stations are installed at the employee entrance and hand sanitizers are provided throughout the staff hallways and working stations. There is an increased frequency of cleaning and disinfection in all common areas.