Van Gogh Suite
The Conservatorium hotel is proud to announce its collaboration with our famous neighbour on Museumplein: the Van Gogh Museum. The hotel opens two special Van Gogh Suites in celebration of the exhibition 'Van Gogh & Japan'. Vincent van Gogh had great admiration for Japanese printmaking and this spectacular exhibition unravels how he has put the Japanese examples into his own hands and how this inspired Van Gogh’s work. The suites are bookable from 23 March until 24 June 2018 and will grant you direct access to the exhibition, and the possibility to continue this experience in the surroundings of your hotel suite.
The hotel has a rich history and has always attracted people who drive change and creativity as a place where established and emerging ideas come together to shape the future. We look forward providing you with a colorful and inspirational stay in Amsterdam.
From €920 per night.
About the exhibition:
Exceptional loans from museums and private collections from all over the world will be brought to Amsterdam and exhibited at “Van Gogh & Japan”, including Self-Portrait with Bandaged Ear, 1889 (The Courtauld Gallery, London), a fragile work that has not left the UK since 1955 and has not been in The Netherlands since 1930. This is the first time that an exhibition which highlights Van Gogh’s admiration for Japanese art and the impact it had on his own work has been organized on such a scale.
Click HERE to book the Van Gogh Suite including:
- Daily breakfast for two persons
- 'Van Gogh & Japan' inspired Afternoon Tea in the Brasserie for two persons
- Direct access to the 'Van Gogh & Japan' exhibition for two persons
- Welcome letter by the nephew of Vincent van Gogh and founder of the Van Gogh Museum: Willem van Gogh
- Special Van Gogh feather ink pen and ink in collaboration with Conservatorium hotel
- Suite Size 52 m²/559 ft²
- This room has a view of the Courtyard, Paulus Potterstraat, van Baerlestraat and the Atrium
- Comfortable working space
- Large rainfall shower
- Bathroom LCD mirror TV
- Deep soaking bathtub
- King Bed
Amenities & Services
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Complimentary access to Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre with full use of the large lap pool, state-of-the-art-gym, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room
- Complimentary daily newspaper and choice of magazines
- Air Conditioning
- Luxury bathrobe and slippers
- Mini Bar
- Room Safe
- Designer British bathroom amenities from Floris
Upgrade to the
Grand Duplex Suite
In advance of your stay in one of our Van Gogh Suite in Amsterdam you will be contacted by your dedicated Host who will work to accommodate any requests and ensure your time at the Conservatorium hotel is exactly as it should be. Should you have any special requirements for your stay please contact the reservations team who will be happy to assist.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: +31 (0)20 5700 075