Art Suite by Rembrandt
To commemorate the legacy of iconic Dutch artist Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn, Amsterdam’s luxurious Conservatorium hotel has partnered with the neighboring Rijksmuseum to offer a special package that will among other amenities, feature curated artwork in a special suite reminiscent of the Rembrandt’s masterpiece, The Night Watch. Highlighting the 350th anniversary of the painter’s death, the “Art Suite by Rembrandt” package was launched in conjunction with the much-anticipated “Year of Rembrandt” celebration at the Rijksmuseum. Through this package, hotel guests will also enjoy unparalleled access to the variety of exhibitions and special events held at the museum, as well as the option to book a rare VIP tour of the Rijksmuseum’s Hall of Fame.
To maximize the guest experience, Conservatorium enlisted the assistance of Dutch designer Irma Boom, who created the color scheme for the suite’s design, as well as renowned Dutch artist Sarah van Sonsbeeck, whose interpretations of “The Night Watch” can be found throughout the room.
“We wanted hotel guests to be immersed in the different elements and colors of Rembrandt’s work, and to inspire them before seeing the real thing at the Rijksmuseum,” said Boom. Van Sonsbeeck said, “By combining our own interpretations of color schemes and artwork, we wanted to create a different type of experience in which guests feel as if they’re actually a part of the painting.”
The result of the collaboration is a unique and modern take on the classic masterpiece, and an immersive way for guests to enjoy the work of Rembrandt from the comfort of their luxurious surroundings.
- Two night stay in The Art Suite by Rembrandt
- Daily breakfast in the Brasserie for two guests
- Direct and complimentary fast lane access to the ‘Year of Rembrandt’ at Rijksmuseum for two guests
- Two sleeping masks featuring the famous work ‘Marten & Opje’ by Rembrandt
- The book: Rembrandt: Biography of a Rebel by curator Jonathan Bikker
- Painting set by Conservatorium Hotel
- Welcome letter from Taco Dibbits, Director of the Rijksmuseum
- Optional: Two hour guided private walking tour through the city of Amsterdam, that takes you on journey along places where Rembrandt lived and worked and places that inspired him
- Optional: Exclusive after-opening hours private tour in the hall of fame of the Rijksmuseum
Book before 29 December 2019.
Stay before 29 December 2019.
Terms & Conditions
This package is available from €875,- per night in the Art Suite by Rembrandt including VAT, excluding 7% city tax, subject to availability (or €1060,- per night including walking tour). Promotion may not be used in conjunction with other offers or negotiated rates.
To reserve the two hour guided private walking tour or the exclusive after-opening hours private tour, please contact our Host Department by calling +31 20 5700 000 or emailing email@example.com