Marketing & Communications Internship
From August 2022
You are someone who has good communication skills, a hands-on mentality, a critical eye for detail, can deal with deadlines and are interested to learn more about the Conservatorium hotel. As a highly enthusiastic and creative team player, you will feel at home in this environment.
What are you going to do?
As the Marketing & Communications trainee you will be supporting the Marketing department with marketing related activities (such as collaborations with impressive brands, influencer Marketing and PR related activities), and administration. You will work in the Sales & Marketing department, taking on increasing levels of responsibility in order to fully understand the department from a variety of perspectives.
Assisting with press/influencer visits, interviews, and photo/film shoots, keeping track of contact via telephone and email and creating reports for management. You will also be assisting with the organization of marketing events, and independently perform targeted analyses and studies for marketing and PR purposes. It is also an administrative function where you are transmitting images to press, keeping track of press contacts and the media database, prepare presentations and press kits for press trips and taking minutes and actively participate in various meetings within the department.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium hotel is a modern 5-star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are one of the four founding members of The Set Collection. A carefully curated luxury hotel collection, comprising of some of the world’s most exceptional, likeminded, independent hotels and resorts worldwide.
Who are you?
For this opportunity we are looking for a student who is energetic, eager to learn and passionate about both the five star luxury hotel industry and Marketing.
Furthermore, the person has:
- Excellent command of English and Dutch language (written and spoken);
- HBO/WO Level, preferably with a hospitality, marketing and / or communication background;
- You have a critical eye for detail and can deal with deadlines;
- Commercial mind-set;
- Flexible and stress resistant;
- Interest in social media and influencer marketing
- Minimum period of five months – preferably at least six to 10 months.
What can you expect?
- An inspiring work environment where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Besides working at the Marketing department, you will experience cross training at other departments within the hotel, to get to know the hotel and your new colleagues;
- Amsterdam F&B Discount Card – 50% discount in restaurants at other high-end hotels in Amsterdam;
- Discounted Health Insurance – get reduced rates on your health insurance at Zilveren Kruis;
- Taiko Cuisine, Brasserie & Lounge and Akasha – discounts in our outlets;
- Company Fitness – discounted rates on sport subscription with ‘BedrijfsFitness Nederland’;
- Discounted rates on the properties of The Set Collection – Amsterdam, Paris and London;
- Hire Incentive – recommend a friend and receive a nice bonus;
- Additional Benefits at Ecco, Brandmeester’s Coffee, Coffee District and Pasteuning Wines.
Do we have your interest?
Please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0042 or send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the abundance of applications, we receive for our career opportunities we will only reply to candidates that fit the job profile. When applying with us please make sure that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, have secured housing in Amsterdam and have the right experience and motivation. According to GDPR regulations, we will not save your personal details without your approval.