For our Asian inspired restaurant Taiko restaurant, we are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly and experienced waiter/waitress for both part-time and fulltime positions. The entire food and beverage department at the Conservatorium hotel is under the direction of the world famous Dutch chef Schilo van Coevorden.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
As a waiter/waitress in Taiko you are the face of the restaurant. You are responsible for the experience and quality of the visit of our guests. As a highly enthusiastic team player with a knowledge of Asian cuisine, wines and preferably sakes, you will feel at home in this environment.
- Providing and maintaining a high service level to every guest based on the Leading Quality Assurance Standards (The Set Standards);
- Establish a regular customer base that will re-visit the restaurant and the hotel based on your performance;
- Cross sell the bar, the Brasserie and other hotel facilities;
- Practice correct complaint resolution and service recovery to our guests.
- You have a passion for service;
- You have a high attention to detail;
- You have excellent verbal skills in English and Dutch. Other languages are highly appreciated;
- You have at least 1-2 years experience in a luxury restaurant or hotel;
- Knowledge of Asian cuisine, wines (WSET 2) and sakes.
- You have completed a MHS or a similar study.
How To Apply:
Taiko restaurant is open 6 days a week from Monday till Thursday between 18:30 and 22:30, from Friday-Saturday between 18.00 and 23:30 hours and closed on Sunday. Your working hours will be flexible between the opening hours. We offer a competitive salary in line with Horeca AVR and 25 days of annual leave based on a fulltime basis of 38 hours.
- We celebrate our colleagues. We have a monthly program for ‘Colleague of the Month’;
- We offer various discounts in the hotel for colleagues, one of them is the discount for the basic and additional Collective Health insurance;
- We offer you an in-house experience and special discounts to visit our other hotels within The Set and Alrov Luxury Hotels;
- Do you think sustainability is important? So do we! We are a certified Green Globe hotel. We encourage our colleagues to go to work by bike;
- What about sports? Join our company hockey team. You can also participate in other sports events which are organised throughout the year;
- Our Colleague Entertainment Team will invite you for events with your colleagues. We think it is important to work hard but also play hard too!
Should you be interested in this position, then please contact the HR department via 020-5700000 or send your CV and Motivation Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.