Sushi Chef de Partie
Are you creative, flexible and would you like to develop yourself on the highest level together with other ambitious and enthusiastic chefs in Amsterdam? Do you have great expertise in the Japanese cuisine? Do you want to get inspired by the style and influence of the Dutch MasterChef Schilo van Coevorden? Then this might be the job for you!
What are you going to do?
The hotel caters to every taste with a signature restaurant, Taiko, and a destination bar.
This job requires a lot of independence and is therefore not an entry-level position. A Sushi Chef de Partie should have considerable experience working in a professional Japanese kitchen.
A person holding this position must be organised, have the ability to delegate tasks and be able to work well in a high stress environment. Next to this, you will
- Prepare and distribute all sushi dishes;
- Give instructions to other chefs and students;
- Be independent managing allocated duties.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium's Taiko Cuisine is located in the former percussion room of the Conservatorium School. In the early days while walking along the Paulus Potterstraat when the windows were open, people could hear the students practicing their drum solos.
At this Asian inspired restaurant, created by Schilo Van Coevorden, we take the guests on a journey, every dish is created with the best quality products and attention to details. Just like in the past, the sounds of the drum bounce of the walls, thanks to the percussionist who plays the Taiko drum during dinner every Friday and Saturday night.
The kitchen of Taiko Cuisine is opened Mon-Thu 6:30PM – 10:30PM, while Friday and Saturday the kitchen is open until 11:30PM. Sundays the restaurant is closed.
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 properties (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality.
Who are you?
You will have the following competencies/skills:
- Flexible, confident and able to cope with stress;
- Committed to success, team player and motivator;
- Creative and eager to learn;
- At least 2 years of experience and a finished education, Japanese trained is a plus;
- You are fluent in English.
- You live in or around Amsterdam (we do not provide relocation services or visa applications)
What can you expect?
- A salary ranging between €2200 and €2600 based on experience and appropriate employment conditions, like travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com