Sous Chef - Meeting & Events
Are you a leader, with great passion for cooking and enthusiasm for the events sides of luxury hotels? Do you want to work in a small team and do you have the ambition to hone your skills as a Sous Chef?
What are you going to do?
As our Sous Chef in the Meeting & Events kitchen you will be responsible for the internal organisation of the banqueting kitchens, including the planning of menus, overseeing all aspects of food preparation, hygiene and cost control. You will be in direct contact with the Meeting & Events sales and operational departments and together you deliver the highest level of service to our guests. You will supervise the Meeting & Events kitchen team of 2-3 Chefs. Within your role you show great leadership, cooperation and flexibility in this very dynamic department.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Meeting & Events Kitchen is located in the same corridor that houses our other dedicated kitchens. Our Meeting & Events kitchen is equipped for all sizes of events and meetings. The secondary kitchen is located in the glass building, and is used for plating and garnishing when hosting large banquets.
Events are from 6 up to 150 covers per meeting room, so no day is the same. With no set menu, the variety of cuisines is broad and in order to please each and every guest, you can make everything from a Croque Monsieur up to Lobster Termindor.
The Conservatorium hotel is a 5-star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are one of the four founding members of The Set Collection. A carefully curated luxury hotel collection, comprising of some of the world’s most exceptional, likeminded, independent hotels and resorts worldwide.
Who are you?
Our new colleague has a passionate, fun and enthusiastic approach to cooking and has the ability to motivate junior members in the team in order to create a cohesive work environment. Furthermore, you have/are:
- Experience in a similar position;
- Leadership and planning capabilities;
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English language (written and spoken);
- Familiar with hygiene code and HACCP regulations;
- Ability to work evenings and weekend shifts.
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €2500, - (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Amsterdam F&B Discount Card – 50% discount in restaurants at other high-end hotels in Amsterdam;
- Discounted Health Insurance – get reduced rates on your health insurance at Zilveren Kruis;
- Taiko Cuisine, Brasserie & Lounge and Akasha – discounts in our outlets;
- Company Fitness – discounted rates on sport subscription with ‘BedrijfsFitness Nederland’;
- In-house Experiences – once-a-year complimentary stay in our hotels to both truly enjoy and learn about our guest experience;
- Discounted rates on the properties of The Set Collection– Amsterdam, Paris and London;
- Hire Incentive – recommend a friend and receive a nice bonus;
- Additional Benefits at Ecco, Brandmeester’s Coffee, Coffee District and Pasteuning Wines.
Are we your next destination?
Please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0042 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com
Due to the abundance of applications, we receive for our career opportunities we will only reply to candidates that fit the job profile. When applying with us please make sure that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, have secured housing in Amsterdam and have the right experience and motivation. According to GDPR regulations, we will not save your personal details without your approval.