We are currently looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Sous Chef to strengthen our kitchen team at the luxurious Conservatorium hotel. As our Sous Chef you have a large amount of responsibility in the kitchen and you have a vital role in planning and directing food preparation in our Brasserie and/or Banqueting kitchens.
What are you going to do?
You will help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus and ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards. You supervise all food preparation and manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance. You will report to the Chef de Cuisine.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone to make the next step in their career, having experience as sr. Chef de Partie or jr. Sous Chef in a large operation. Furthermore:
- At least six years of experience in kitchens;
- At least 2 years of experience in a leadership role (sr Chef de Partie or jr Sous Chef)
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both Dutch and English.
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €2400,- (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, like a meal per shift, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com