Sommelier / Beverage Manager
The Sommelier/Beverage Manager will be responsible for the development and management of the wine list. As our Beverage Manager you will train our staff in their knowledge and skills. You will work closely with our Executive Chef Schilo van Coevorden during the purchasing of new beverages. A passion for wines, spirits and beverages is a must, as well as good tasting skills.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Produce the content of the Brasserie & Lounge wine list and beverage lists
- Responsible for frequent updates, additions, subtraction of wines, whilst liaising with Schilo van Coevorden.
- Provide the highest quality service to guests at all times. Maintain integrity of service, touch tables while on the floor to solicit feedback. Responsible as lead authority on floor regarding service quality
- Responsible for our Taiko Restaurant and Brasserie & Lounge
- To attend wine tastings by suppliers and to keep an up to date record of this
- To organize a wine training program for hotel (service) staff, so that that all colleagues are familiar with and have a working knowledge of the wine list
- Work with private parties and banquets department to create unique and special offerings for events
- Responsible for the ordering and distribution of beverage products
- Present and maintain pricing structure all beverage menus
- Improves and maintains sales and profitability
- Communicates with all vendors and reps for items needed together with Purchasing Manager as well as communication from within the industry on available products and growing trends in varietals or locations
- Excellent speaking of English or Dutch
- At least one year of experience in a similar function.
- Eager to learn and motivated to teach others
- You are a strong communicator and look presentable
- You have affinity with working in a luxury lifestyle hotel in an international environment
How To Apply:
- We celebrate our colleagues. We have a monthly program for ‘Colleague of the Month’;
- We offer various discounts in the hotel for colleagues, one of them is the discount for the basic and additional Collective Health insurance;
- We offer you an in-house experience and special discounts to visit our other hotels within The Set and Alrov Luxury Hotels;
- Do you think sustainability is important? So do we! We are a certified Green Globe hotel. We encourage our colleagues to go to work by bike;
- What about sports? Join our company hockey team. You can also participate in other sports events which are organised throughout the year;
- Our Colleague Entertainment Team will invite you for events with your colleagues. We think it is important to work hard but also play hard too!
Should you be interested in this position, then please contact the HR department via 020-5700043 or send your CV and Motivation Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.