SALES MANAGER MICE
Do you love working in a hospitality environment that stimulates you? Do you love to travel extensively and do you already have experience in the Luxury Travel Trade market? The Sales & Marketing Team is filled with highly enthusiastic, driven and ambitious team players with the ability to work under pressure. Is this part of your DNA too?
Tasks & Responsibilities:
As a Sales Manager MICE at the Conservatorium hotel, you will respond to changes in your area of responsibility when the business requires it. You have leadership skills to direct, coordinate, plan and control sales related activities in the department.
- Day to day support of Sales Executives, Coordinator and Trainee;
- Initiate and implement a Sales & Marketing strategy for your responsible MICE markets for 2017;
- Develop strategy to solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed the hotels’ revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, and site inspections;
- Personally ensure your targets for your markets are reached;
- Attend trade fairs & roadshows where required to further increase brand awareness for both The Set Hotels and Conservatorium hotel and generate new business;
- Attend weekly meetings that may include but are not limited to sales meeting, revenue meeting and marketing meeting;
- Initiate new promotions for low and shoulder season for all key-feeder markets, with support of the sales team;
- Proactively develop relationships with the sales teams from The Leading Hotels of the World and contracted Sales Representation Companies;
- Manage relationships with top-accounts by ensuring reservations and special requests are responded to in a timely manner, working closely with M&E, Reservations and our Host department and oversee that operationally they get delivered at the highest standards;
- Identify and prospect new business opportunities, new customers and new markets and ensure increase of market share by closing high value sales deals;
- To have a thorough knowledge of competitive sales strategies, pricing and rate structures and further hotel developments planned in Amsterdam;
- Preparation and managing MICE contracts with the support of the sales coordinator;
- Responsible for upkeep of all account administration, tracking and reporting.
- Specific interest and 2-5 years of relevant sales experience in luxury hotels/hospitality industry, specifically the MICE market;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Dutch and English;
- You possess excellent communication skills with both internal and external parties, both through direct, phone and email conversations;
- Willing to travel internationally extensively;
- Minimum HBO working and thinking level.
How To Apply:
This fulltime job entails 38 working hours per week.
Are you interested in one of our positions and/or do you have questions, please contact the HR department via 0031(0)20-5700042 of send an email to email@example.com.