The aim of this coordinator and pro-active telesales research position is to generate new business for the Conservatorium Hotel and the collection of The Set Hotels. In this position you will be part of the sales & marketing team, consisting of 18 colleagues. The Sales team includes 5 colleagues. You would report into the Associate Director of Sales. The position is divided into 50% sales coordinator tasks and 50% sales researcher tasks, depending on business needs.
Sales Coordinator Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordination of all administrative tasks within the sales department e.g. written communications, answering of telephone, handling sales office inventory and store requisition.
- Assist with the administration of the worked hours of the department
- Coordination of ordering the office supplies (e.g. stationary)
- Develop and sustain the policies and procedures of the department
- Ensure the client database is accurate and up to date at all times
- Keep track of and coordinate all Sales and Marketing related enquiries.
- Prepare all the sales trips, trade show registration, booking of flights and accommodations, preparing of presentations and give-aways.
- Be the Lanyon specialist (system for the RFP’s) and coordinating all RFP requests and sending out all necessary contracts and administrations
- Prepare all daily and weekly reports
- Coordinate the weekly sales meetings
Sales Researcher Tasks & Responsiblities:
- Develop strategy to pro-actively source and convert new and existing leads that can be qualified through telesales research and developed into profitable accounts by our sales team to help exceed the hotels’ revenue goals.
- Generate and follow-up on new and existing leads from global and local media, street-walks through Amsterdam, our internal system Opera and other internal and external sources
- To contact a set number of clients per day worldwide - mainly meeting & event bookers – who have or have not enquired at our hotel in the past to qualify future business potential and set-up appointments for sales team member to meet them or discuss requirements further.
- Generate enquiries from meeting and event bookers through telesales research and reach realistic revenue targets set.
- Organization and planning of sales blitzes, mailings and other new creative activities to establish and maintain a healthy client relationship and generate business.
- Monitoring opportunities for repeat bookings for groups, conventions, and seminars in close co-operation with the Meeting & Events Department to optimize revenues for the M&E spaces.
- Action on the annual and quarterly Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam sales plan with the aim of optimizing room occupancy and Meeting & Events revenue generation.
- To have a thorough knowledge of competitive sales strategies, pricing and rate structures and further hotel developments planned in Amsterdam.
- Responsible for reporting all research and information obtained during phone calls back in our CRM system, Salesforce and set follow-up tasks to ensure
- To attend all relevant congresses taking place in the RAI to source and convert new leads into businessde and discipline to research and call for 4-6 hours a day.
- Minimum HBO working and thinking level
- Enthusiastic team player keen to develop a career in a commercial/sales capacity
- Specific interest and/or 1-2 years of work experience (internships can be included) in the hotels/Hospitality industry
- Knowledge of excel and Opera is an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Dutch and English
- A highly pro-active attitude and discipline to research and call for 4-6 hours a day.
- We celebrate our colleagues. We have a monthly program for ‘Colleague of the Month’;
- We offer various discounts in the hotel for colleagues, one of them is the discount for the basic and additional Collective Health insurance;
- We offer you an in-house experience and special discounts to visit our other hotels within The Set and Alrov Luxury Hotels;
- Do you think sustainability is important? So do we! We are a certified Green Globe hotel. We encourage our colleagues to go to work by bike;
- What about sports? Join our company hockey team. You can also participate in other sports events which are organised throughout the year;
- Our Colleague Entertainment Team will invite you for events with your colleagues. We think it is important to work hard but also play hard too.
Your working hours will be flexible between the opening hours. We offer a competitive salary in line with Horeca AVR and 25 days of annual leave based on a fulltime basis of 38 hours.
Should you be interested in this position, then please contact the HR department via 020-5700000 or send your CV and Motivation Letter to: email@example.com.
How to Apply:
Should you be interested in this position then please send your CV and a motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on the hotel please refer to our website or Facebook page.