Restaurant Manager - Brasserie & Lounge
Has your whole career been leading up to a Restaurant Manager role? Do you have experience leading a restaurant team and is good food and wine the focus of your life? Then perhaps the position of restaurant manager of the Brasserie & Lounge will be the perfect opportunity for you.
What are you going to do?
As Restaurant Manager of the Brasserie & Lounge you will be in charge of all aspects of our multi-dimensional restaurant. You will be in charge of running the team whilst creating outstanding experiences for the guests. Your responsibilities vary from supporting your team to successful breakfast, lunch and dinner services as well as making sure everyone receives the proper training and all administrative tasks are fulfilled within the office. You will make sure to constantly share your knowledge with the team and make sure to train and develop. Within this role you will be supported by an Assistant Restaurant Manager and a team of Restaurant Supervisors.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium's Brasserie and Lounge are located in a beautiful internal glass courtyard which has spectacular floor-to-ceiling windows. Our Brasserie and Lounge offer contemporary dining, including salads, sandwiches and other European classics.
The team consists of Hosts, Waiters, Baristas and Stewards. They all report to the Manager Brasserie & Lounge. Together with the hotel’s leadership team, everyone tries to make every visit memorable.
The brasserie is open daily from 6:30 until midnight. Shifts can start as early as 05:00AM and finish as late as 02:00AM. Keep this in mind when applying for this position.
The Conservatorium hotel is a 5-star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are one of the four founding members of The Set Collection. A carefully curated luxury hotel collection, comprising of some of the world’s most exceptional, likeminded, independent hotels and resorts worldwide.
Who are you?
As our Restaurant Manager you are comfortable leading a team to success. You are motivated to teach others and over the years you have honed your communication skills. Furthermore, you have:
- A minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a luxury restaurant or hotel;
- Excellent verbal knowledge of the English and Dutch language;
- Ability to work evenings and weekend shifts;
- The ability to prepare and execute evaluation conversations;
- The ability and insight of recruiting new colleagues;
- The ability to work on a demanding professional level, adhering to the Conservatorium Hotel standards.
What can you expect?
- A competitive salary and appropriate employment conditions, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Amsterdam F&B Discount Card – 50% discount in restaurants at other high-end hotels in Amsterdam;
- Discounted Health Insurance – get reduced rates on your health insurance at Zilveren Kruis;
- Taiko Cuisine, Brasserie & Lounge and Akasha – discounts in our outlets;
- Company Fitness – discounted rates on sport subscription with ‘BedrijfsFitness Nederland’;
- In-house Experiences – once-a-year complimentary stay in our hotels to both truly enjoy and learn about our guest experience;
- Discounted rates on the properties of The Set Collection– Amsterdam, Paris and London;
- Hire Incentive – recommend a friend and receive a nice bonus;
- Additional Benefits at Ecco, Brandmeester’s Coffee, Coffee District and Pasteuning Wines.
Do we have your interest?
Are we your next destination? Please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0042 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com.
Due to the abundance of applications, we receive for our career opportunities we will only reply to candidates that fit the job profile. When applying with us please make sure that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, have secured housing in Amsterdam and have the right experience and motivation. According to GDPR regulations, we will not save your personal details without your approval.