Chef de Partie Brasserie & Lounge
Are you an enthusiastic Chef de Partie, with passion for cooking? Do you want to work in a great team and do you have the ambition to grow? Then this is the position for you!
What are you going to do?
As a Chef de Partie in our Brasserie & Lounge team you will be working in a high standard and high volume environment, in a team of 6 to 8. You will be supervising the day to day operation of a designated section within the kitchen, overseeing all aspects of food production, hygiene and cost control. You will act as a role model and mentor to the junior members in the kitchen brigade, guiding and supporting them in their development, while at the same time maintaining and overseeing the quality and continuity of the current dishes.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The kitchen of the Brasserie & Lounge is the largest on property where around 24 chefs are working daily. The team consists of Commis, Demi Chef de Parties, Chef de Parties, Sous Chef and Sr. Sous Chef. All dishes are created from the heart with respect to seasons, nature and environment.
We use state-of-the-art machines to prepare our food, like a Josper Barbecue. We use modern European techniques with Dutch influence and produce. Most of the products we get are produced locally.
The kitchen is opened from 5:00AM for the breakfast chefs, during the day other chefs will come and take over the shifts that could end as late as 23:00PM. When you apply for this department, please make sure you are able to arrive early mornings (if you apply for a position as Breakfast Chef) or leave late at night (for all other kitchen positions), and still be able to get home.
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 properties (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality.
Who are you?
Our new colleague has a passionate, fun and enthusiastic approach to cooking, has the ability to motivate junior members in the team in order to create a cohesive work environment.
Furthermore he or she has:
- Recent/current experience in the same position to that of Chef de Partie for at least 2 years;
- Experience in the type of cuisine that we have, check our menu to make sure;
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English language (written and spoken);
- Familiar with hygiene code and HACCP regulations;
- Ability to work evenings and weekend shifts.
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €2169,- (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, like travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com