Junior Sous Chef
We are currently looking for an eager Junior Sous Chef that wants to step up to the plate and strengthen our kitchen team at the Conservatorium Hotel. As our Junior Sous Chef have shared responsibility in the Brasserie & Lounge kitchen and you have a vital role in planning and directing food preparation in our five star luxury hotel.
What are you going to do?
You will help in the preparation and design of all food menus and ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our high quality standards. You supervise all food preparation and manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance. You will report to the Sous Chef of the Brasserie & Lounge.
What will your 5-star luxury working environment look like?
The kitchen of the Brasserie & Lounge is the largest on property where around 20 chefs are working daily. The team consists of Commis, Demi Chef de Parties, Chef de Parties and Sous Chef. Under the leadership of our Executive Sous Chef all dishes are created from the heart with respect to seasons, nature and environment.
We use state-of-the-art machines to prepare our food, like a Josper Barbecue. We use modern European techniques with Dutch influence and produce. Most of the products we get are produced locally.
The kitchen is opened from 5:00AM for the breakfast chefs, during the day other chefs will come and take over the shifts that could end as late as 23:00PM. When you apply for this department, please make sure you are able to arrive early mornings (if you apply for a position as Breakfast Chef) or leave late at night (for all other kitchen positions), and still be able to get home.
The Conservatorium hotel is a 5-star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are one of the four founding members of The Set Collection. A carefully curated luxury hotel collection, comprising of some of the world’s most exceptional, likeminded, independent hotels and resorts worldwide.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone to make the next step in their career, having previous experience as a senior Chef de Partie in a large operation.
Furthermore, you have:
- At least five years of experience in kitchens;
- At least 2 years of experience in a leadership role (senior Chef de Partie);
- Understanding of French and/or European Cuisine;
- An excellent record of kitchen and staff management;
- The ability to work under pressure;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both Dutch and English.
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €2500,- (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Amsterdam F&B Discount Card - this card equals 50% discount to dine in at the top hotel restaurants of Amsterdam (after completing probation period);
- Discounted Health Insurance - As an employee of the Conservatorium hotel you can have a discount on your health insurance at Achmea, Zilveren Kruis;
- In-house Experiences – wonderful complimentary stays in our hotels to both truly enjoy and learn about the experience we offer our guests;
- Discounted rates on the (F&B) properties of The Set Hotels – Conservatorium (Amsterdam), Lutetia (Paris) and Café Royal (London);
- A New Hire Incentive – A successful referral might reward you a beautiful incentive;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Are we your next destination?
Please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0042 or send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the abundance of applications, we receive for our career opportunities we will only reply to candidates that fit the job profile. When applying with us please make sure that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, have secured housing in Amsterdam and have the right experience and motivation. According to GDPR regulations, we will not save your personal details without your approval.