Are you the hard working Housekeeping professional with a ‘can do’ attitude? Do you enjoy working in a team? Would you like to contribute to the exceptional service to our world renowned guests in the number one five star luxury hotel of The Netherlands? Then this might be a perfect opportunity for you!
What are you going to do?
Your main task as Housekeeping Houseman will be to work closely with your fellow colleagues in the Housekeeping department, such as the Room Attendants and Supervisors. You will bring linen, amenities and other supplies to the Housekeeping store rooms on the guest floors ensuring that Room Attendants and Supervisors will have all they need to clean the guest rooms. You will handle all guest requests, such as requests for extra towels, special amenities, baby beds and extra beds. You will furthermore pick up and deliver guest laundry to the guest rooms. A flexible work ethic is important in this role, since no day is the same in hospitality.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
Housekeeping in this hotel is different from other hotels and you are part of the largest team on property. With over 60 people you keep the hotel in pristine condition. As we are part of Leading Hotels of the World, you will work according to the LQA standards.
The housekeeping team consists of houseman, public area attendants, room attendants, seamstress, turndown attendants, supervisors and management. Everyone has a specific work area and we only use products that are harmless to the environment.
When working in this department, you can expect to start between 7:00AM-9:00AM, 3:00PM if you have the PM shift, while the turndown attendants only work between 5:30 PM and 9:30 PM.
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 properties (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is a team orientated, reliable colleague who enjoys working in a multi cultured group of Housekeeping professionals.
Furthermore he or she has:
- Experience in Housekeeping, or hotel industry preferred;
- Has a legal work permit to work in The Netherlands;
- Lives in or around Amsterdam;
- Speaks and understands English, Dutch is a plus;
- Able to work weekdays and weekends, early and late shifts.
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €1850,- (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, like travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org