Would you like to give your life some colour? Is no job too big or too small for you? Do you enjoy turning something old into something new? Do you like a new challenge every day? Then being Painter in the Conservatorium Hotel is the position for you!
What are you going to do?
As a Painter you will be painting walls in the rooms, corridors and the back of the house. Furthermore, you will work with silicone, marble works and grouting in the bathrooms. The work is very diverse, because you will also be carrying out projects like touch ups of furniture and preventive maintenance of the rooms. The preventive maintenance also includes the maintenance of our beautiful Akasha spa and Taiko Cuisine and Bar.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The building is over 100 years old, with many spaces only available for the engineering department. It is very interesting to see what goes on beyond the rooms and public spaces! Together as a team, we make sure that every day, the hotel looks like it has just been opened. The engineering department has a big variety of tasks and you never know what the day will bring you. One moment you are painting outside on our terrace and the next moment you have to check the grouting in a bathroom because everything needs to be perfect before the guest is arriving.
The engineering team consists of carpenters, painters, duty engineers and handy-men. Together with the assistants that handle purchasing and administrative tasks, this team of 16 people is under leadership of Omar Ramadan, Director of Engineering. Shifts are usually from 8:00AM until 4:00PM, while the duty engineers work in 8-hours shifts, 24/7, every day of the year.
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 properties (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is a team orientated and reliable colleague, who enjoys working in a close team within a vibrant hotel.
- Have at least 1-2 years’ of work experience as painter;
- Have more skills? Tell us!
- Are able to work independently;
- Have a good level of English;
- Are able to work weekdays from 8 AM to 4 PM
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €2169,- (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com