Director of Finance
Do you want to take the next step in your Finance career? Are you the Finance Director who enjoys sharing his financial knowledge, managing a team and coach and develop team members? Then this challenging position as Director of Finance in the Conservatorium Hotel might be a perfect opportunity for you!
What are you going to do?
As DOF you are the director of the Finance Department of the Conservatorium hotel. Together with your team (among which the Assistant Finance Controller, Credit Manager, Purchasing Manager and IT Service & Support Manager) you cover all aspects of financial matters including accounting, control, budgeting and forecasting. You will be responsible for all aspects of financial and statutory reporting to ensure the business is in control and compliant with all the relevant regulations. Based on your experience and expertise you will be able to help us to improve and optimize our methods and processes, but you’re also able to contribute to specific analyses, oversight of management control and internal or external audits commissioned by the Alrov Group. Last but not least you work closely with the heads of department to analyse business and departmental results, with the senior management team of the hotel, including our General Manager Roy Tomassen and with our colleagues in London and Paris. You report to the Regional Financial Director Ofer Rubinstein.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 20 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 hotels (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality. Our guests consist of CEO’s, world famous artists and experienced travellers, which we service with our 300+ employees. We run a 24/7 operation and help each other where necessary.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is every inch a controller: efficient and accurate and has the needed knowledge of local laws and taxation. He or she is an experienced people manager who likes to help, support and inspire his or her team. Furthermore he or she has:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a comparable position;
- An educational background in Hotel Management or Accounting (Bachelor level);
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English language (written and spoken);
- Knowledge of and experience in the hospitality industry (through education or experience)
- Preferably experience with SUN, Opera, Micros and Concept systems;
What can you expect?
- A salary between €4500,- and €6500,- (full time) based on experience and appropriate employment conditions, like a meal per shift, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com