Events operations waiter/ waitress
Are you a good communicator and organiser? Are you ready to be part of an exclusive team of the hotel? If you enjoy hosting others and want to contribute to the exceptional service in our 5 star luxury hotel, then this might be a perfect opportunity for you!
What are you going to do?
As the Events Waiter/Waitress you will support all aspects of the daily operation of the hotel’s Events. You will make sure that service is performed to its highest level and in full compliance with our luxury standards. This role bring you in close contact with our corporate and leisure guests who will look to you to make their event a resounding success. You will be responsible for the cleanliness and efficient organisation within the department, as well as observation of all F&B HACCP rules and regulations. You will work in a close-knit team and report directly to the Meeting & Events Manager.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Meeting & Events team at the Conservatorium hotel is located in the glass building and consists of 6 meeting rooms. In the Blue, Yellow, Red and Orange room, small events take place such as meetings, private dinners and board meetings. In the larger spaces, Symphony and Harmony, we hold functions up to 150 people. With a team of experienced and passionate colleagues, that understand what it means to work in this hotel, we make sure that all services are run seamlessly.
We are keen on training and developing the team of Waiters and Supervisors. Shifts are sometimes long, with multiple events at the same time and after each other. This position is best suited to people that can stand/walk for several hours at a time and that can handle physical work. Ultimately, it is the teamwork and guest satisfaction that makes it all worth it.
The Conservatorium hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are one of the four founding members of The Set Collection. A carefully curated luxury hotel collection, comprising of some of the world’s most exceptional, likeminded, independent hotels and resorts worldwide.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is service-orientated and likes to host others.
Furthermore, you are/have:
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch language (written and spoken);
- Experience in a similar position;
- Ability to work different shifts during weekdays and weekends.
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €1948, - (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Amsterdam F&B Discount Card – 50% discount in restaurants at other high-end hotels in Amsterdam;
- Discounted Health Insurance – get reduced rates on your health insurance at Zilveren Kruis;
- Taiko Cuisine, Brasserie & Lounge and Akasha – discounts in our outlets;
- Company Fitness – discounted rates on sport subscription with ‘BedrijfsFitness Nederland’;
- In-house Experiences – once-a-year complimentary stay in our hotels to both truly enjoy and learn about our guest experience;
- Discounted rates on the properties of The Set Collection– Amsterdam, Paris and London;
- Hire Incentive – recommend a friend and receive a nice bonus;
- Additional Benefits at Ecco, Brandmeester’s Coffee, Coffee District and Pasteuning Wines.
Are we your next destination?
Please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0042 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com
Due to the abundance of applications, we receive for our career opportunities we will only reply to candidates that fit the job profile. When applying with us please make sure that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, have secured housing in Amsterdam and have the right experience and motivation. According to GDPR regulations, we will not save your personal details without your approval.