Are you a technical wizard? Would you enjoy solving the great mysteries of a 100 year old building? Are you not afraid to tackle anything? Then being Engineer in the Conservatorium Hotel is the position for you!
What are you going to do?
As an Engineer you will find technical failures, disassemble and replace parts and do technical inspections within the hotel. You are helping out guests and communicate with them when there is an issue in their room or in a public area. You also carry out periodic checks and maintenance. Furthermore you troubleshoot and work on plumbing, repairing of (kitchen) equipment, installations, facilities and lighting. Finally, you prepare and assist with rebuilding, with work performed by outside firms, major repairs and maintenance throughout the hotel.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The building is over 100 years old, with many spaces only available for the engineering department. It is very interesting to see what goes on beyond the rooms and public spaces! Together as a team, we make sure that every day, the hotel looks like it has just been opened. The engineering department has a big variety of tasks and you never know what the day will bring you. One moment you are working on the pool, the next you are replacing a large glass panel.
The engineering team consists of carpenters, painters, duty engineers and handy-men. Together with the assistants that handle purchasing and administrative tasks, this team of 16 people is under leadership of Omar Ramadan, Director of Engineering. Shifts are usually from 8:00AM until 4:00PM, while the duty engineers work in 8-hours shifts, 24/7, every day of the year.
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 properties (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is a team orientated and reliable colleague, who enjoys working in a close team within a vibrant hotel.
Furthermore, he or she:
- Has at least 1-2 years’ of work experience;
- Is able to work independently;
- Has a good level of English;
- Is able to work flexible shifts, both day and night, weekdays and weekends.
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €2169,09,- (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, like travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org