Do you have a welcoming personality? Are you able to leave a first impression that lasts? Can you survive the elements of four typical Dutch seasons? Then this may be the perfect position for you!
What are you going to do?
As our Doorman you will be the first and last point of contact for our guests. You will take pride and personal ownership of our guests’ arrival and departure experience, following company standards and always doing this in a warm, friendly and respectful manner. You will provide guests with directions, acting as our ambassador when assisting with any questions asked by our guests, suppliers or visitors. You will introduce guests to the host and reception teams, co-ordinate luggage delivery together with the luggage porters, arrange transportation, flow of traffic and valet parking. You have knowledge of all VIP’s and regular guests arriving/departing or visiting any of our outlets. You will ensure each conversation is personalised, leaving our guests with a long-lasting 5 star experience. You will report to the Front Office manager.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 hotels (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality. Our guests consist of CEO’s, world famous artists and experienced travellers, which we service with our 300+ employees. We run a 24/7 operation and help each other where necessary.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is friendly and courteous, enjoys interacting with guests and wants to become a true Ambassador for the Conservatorium Hotel.
Furthermore he or she has:
- At least one year experience in the same or similar position;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch language;
- Ability to start at 07.00 hours and finish at 00.00 hours due to shifts starting/ending at these times, work weekdays and weekends;
- You have a driver’s license (Dutch driver’s license B);
What can you expect?
- A salary starting from € 1810,- (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, like a pension plan, travel expenses, collective health insurance etc.;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the ability to grow and develop yourself and where sustainability is important (we are a certified Green Globe Hotel);
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and bars;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various entertainment and sports events with all your colleagues!
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com