Do you have a welcoming personality? Are you able to leave a first impression that lasts? Can you survive the elements of four typical Dutch seasons? Then this may be the perfect position for you!
What are you going to do?
As our Door Host you will be the first and last point of contact for our guests. You will take pride and personal ownership of our guests’ arrival and departure experience, following company standards and always doing this in a warm, friendly and respectful manner. You will provide guests with directions, acting as our ambassador when assisting with any questions asked by our guests, suppliers or visitors. You will introduce guests to the reception team, co-ordinate luggage delivery together with the luggage porters, arrange transportation, flow of traffic and valet parking. You have knowledge of all VIP’s and regular guests arriving/departing or visiting any of our outlets. You will ensure each conversation is personalised, leaving our guests with a long-lasting 5 star experience. You will report to the Front Office manager.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The different aspects of the front of house department in the Conservatorium Hotel are mostly located in the grand atrium of the hotel. This is where guests check in and out of their room, come with questions or seek advice. With a team of experienced and passionate professionals that understand what it means to work in this hotel, they make sure that all services are run seamlessly.
Our Front Office Management is keen on training and developing its team of receptionists, luggage porters, door host, guest service agents and night team. This department is open 24/7 so make sure that when you apply, we would like you to be available for all types of shifts.
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 properties (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is friendly and courteous, enjoys interacting with guests and wants to become a true Ambassador for the Conservatorium Hotel.
Furthermore he or she has:
- At least one year experience in the same or similar position;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch language;
- Ability to start at 07.00 hours and finish at 00.00 hours due to shifts starting/ending at these times, work weekdays and weekends;
- You have a driver’s license (Dutch driver’s license B).
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €1799,47 (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, like a meal per shift, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com