Have you just graduated or do you have experience as shift leader in a luxury hotel? Would you like to take the next step and be a leader for our luggage porters and doormen? Will you be the face of the hotel for arriving guests, while continuously looking to improve quality? Then this might be the opportunity for you!
What are you going to do?
“The key between the management team and the luggage porters and doormen”
A Bell Captain directs the activities of porters and doormen. You will be working front of house in The Conservatorium Hotel (in the lobby) and will be an ambassador of the Front Office and the hotel. Presenting yourself in the best possible way and adhering to the high standards of the Conservatorium Hotel and The Set Hotels.
You are well trained and able to perform basic concierge and receptionist tasks. This includes keeping an overview of the cleanliness of the garages, handle checklists, making sure your team is aware of certain arrivals and checking the stock levels in the luggage store.
Together with the AFOM you are in charge of making the schedule for your team. You train new employees and are constantly guiding and coaching the Luggage Porters / Doormen team members to ensure they are up to LHW standards (LQA’s). Therefore, you are also leading the review cycle or your team (mid-year and end-of-year evaluations).
If complaints are received regarding bell service, you will take responsibility and, in coordination with the Duty Manager or AFOM, will manage and resolve this. You are a role model for the team, who contributes to a pleasant working atmosphere and has a direct communication with the AFOM.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone to join us for long-term, that lives in or around Amsterdam (max 30 minutes commute) who has experience in hospitality. You have knowledge about Amsterdam, tours, restaurants and museums in the area. You are keen on teamwork and will go above and beyond to exceed our guests’ expectations. Furthermore, you:
- Must have a drivers licence B;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English (additional languages is a plus);
- Have a motivating personality to positively influence the team members, whatever happens;
- Can handle stressful situations in a calm and professional way;
- Are precise, detail oriented and fit to stand multiple hours a day, handling suitcases and lift heavy objects;
- Want to work full-time, including weekends and holidays
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €1883,- (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, like a meal per shift, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org