We are looking for a candidate to fulfil the position of Bell Captain at the Conservatorium Hotel. The position is full time.
A Bell Captain directs the activities of Luggage Porters (LP) and Doormen (DM). He or she will be working front of house in The Conservatorium Hotel and will be an ambassador of the Front Office Department and the Hotel, presenting themself in the best possible way and adhering to the high standards of The Conservatorium Hotel the The SET Hotels.
The person in this position is the connection between the Front Office Management Team and the LP/DM team in the operation. The Bell Captain is able to perform basic reception and host tasks and leads by example in proactive guest service.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Take pride and personal ownership of our guests’ arrival and departure experience, adhering to company standards and always doing this in a warm, friendly and respectful manner;
- Act as our ambassador when assisting with any questions asked by our guests, suppliers or visitors;
- Take the lead by actively working along with the team of LP/DM to ensure a seamless process of luggage handling, welcoming and farewell from the hotel and valet parking;
- Prepare the monthly schedules, keeping in mind the operation is fully covered and colleagues attend the required trainings and/or meetings;
- Making sure that all team members read the memo map;
- Keeps overview over garage (cleanliness, dangerous situations) and luggage store (items in stock);
- Continuously trains and re-trains members of Doorman and Luggage Porter Team (in The Set standards, parking skills, body language, communication);
- Playing an active role in the Review Cycle (End of Probation, Mid Year, End Year Reviews);
- Co-organizes and chairs the Departmental Meetings (8 per year);
- Assign luggage porters to specific tasks from the checklist and extra tasks;
- Log in to HotSOS on the main Luggage Porter computer and check if all Service orders are started and completed in a timely manner;
- Monitor tour groups and keep in contact with host in-charge, especially regarding luggage but also other requests;
- Double check that tasks are being handled up to LHW and The Set standards.
- Candidate must be able to be flexible in its working days, based on business demand (these are mostly weekends)
- Must have a good working relationship with the team LP/DM as well as other stakeholder departments and its managers;
- Must live in or nearby Amsterdam;
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English language;
- At least one year of experience in a similar position;
- You are professional and aim to provide the best service to our guests;
- You have a driver’s license (Dutch driver’s license B);
- You are able to start at 07.00 hours and finish at 00.00 hour due to shifts starting/ending at these times;
- You are a positive team player and leader.
How To Apply:
Are you interested in one of our positions and/or do you have questions, please contact the HR department via 0031(0)20-5700042 of send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.