Assistant Sommelier - Taiko
Do you have knowledge of Asian cuisine, wines and preferably Sake? Do you have passion for service and high attention to detail? Then Assistant Sommelier in Taiko restaurant, chef Schilo van Coevorden’s Asian inspired restaurant in the Conservatorium Hotel may be the perfect opportunity for you!
What are you going to do?
As the Assistant Sommelier in Taiko, you will be the right hand of the hotel’s Sommelier. In his absence, you will be the face of the restaurant. You will advise and inspire guests on the wine and sake paring, sharing your enthusiasm and the story of Taiko and beverage selection at the same time. You will assist and advise on possible updates of the wine and beverage lists, attend wine tastings and cross sell the other Food & Beverage outlets in the hotel. You will share your passion, product knowledge and enthusiasm with other hotel colleagues, who are all eager to learn more. When the hotel’s Sommelier is present, you will fulfil a senior waiter position in Taiko, as well as continue to learn and grow in your role as Assistant Sommelier.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 hotels (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality. Our guests consist of CEO’s, world famous artists and experienced travellers, which we service with our 300+ employees. We run a 24/7 operation and help each other where necessary.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is eager to learn, motivated to teaching others and a strong communicator.
We are looking for people who share our DNA that as a team we go for continues development and strive for perfection.
Furthermore he or she has:
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years’ experience in a luxury restaurant or hotel;
- Excellent verbal knowledge of the English and Dutch language;
- Knowledge of Asian cuisine, wines (WSET 2) and Sake;
- Ability to work evenings and weekend shifts;
What can you expect?
- A salary of €2000,- (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, like a pension plan, travel expenses, collective health insurance etc.;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the ability to grow and develop yourself and where sustainability is important (we are a certified Green Globe Hotel);
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and bars;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various entertainment and sports events with all your colleagues!
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com