Assistant Manager Taiko
Do you have affinity for restaurants in the luxury segment? Do you have experience leading a team, and a passion for Asian cuisine? Then Assistant Manager in Taiko restaurant, Chef Schilo van Coevorden Asian inspired restaurant in the Conservatorium Hotel may be the perfect opportunity for you!
What are you going to do?
As the Assistant Manager in Taiko, you will be the right hand of the Taiko Manager. Together you will be responsible to ensure the high expectations of Taiko’s guests are met, through personal approach, eye for detail and passion for service. You will manage, supervise and motivate the team of Taiko professionals. You will keep track of scheduling and hours registration of the team and make adjustments where needed. You will contribute to the success of the restaurant, through upselling, active sales and cost efficient work. You will share your knowledge and experience with the team with training sessions and constant coaching.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium's Taiko Cuisine is located in the former percussion room of the Conservatorium School. In the early days while walking along the Paulus Potterstraat when the windows were open, people could hear the students practicing their drum solos.
At this Asian inspired restaurant, created by Schilo Van Coevorden, we take the guests on a journey, every dish is created with the best quality products and attention to details.
Just like in the past, the sounds of the drum bounce of the walls, thanks to the percussionist who plays the Taiko drum during dinner every Friday and Saturday night.
The Conservatorium hotel is a 5-star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are one of the four founding members of The Set Collection. A carefully curated luxury hotel collection, comprising of some of the world’s most exceptional, likeminded, independent hotels and resorts worldwide.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is able to work independently, motivated to teaching others and a strong communicator. We are looking for people who share our DNA that as a team we go for continues development and strive for perfection.
Furthermore he or she has:
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years’ experience in a luxury restaurant or hotel;
- Experience as supervisor, being the motivator and trainer for colleagues;
- Excellent verbal knowledge of the English and Dutch language;
- Knowledge of the Asian cuisine, ingredients and way of preparing food;
- Strong story-telling abilities;
- Ability to work evenings and weekend shifts.
What can you expect?
- A competitive salary and appropriate employment conditions, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Amsterdam F&B Discount Card - this card equals 50% discount to dine in at the top hotel restaurants of Amsterdam (after completing probation period);
- Discounted Health Insurance - As an employee of the Conservatorium hotel you can have a discount on your health insurance at Achmea, Zilveren Kruis;
- In-house Experiences – wonderful complimentary stays in our hotels to both truly enjoy and learn about the experience we offer our guests;
- Discounted rates on the properties of The Set Hotels – Conservatorium (Amsterdam), Lutetia (Paris) and Café Royal (London);
- A New Hire Incentive – A successful referral might reward you a beautiful incentive;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Are we your next destination?
Please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0042 or send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the abundance of applications, we receive for our career opportunities we will only reply to candidates that fit the job profile. When applying with us please make sure that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, have secured housing in Amsterdam and have the right experience and motivation. According to GDPR regulations, we will not save your personal details without your approval.