Assistant Manager Taiko
For our Asian inspired restaurant Taiko restaurant, we are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly and experienced Assistant Manager. The entire food and beverage department at the Conservatorium hotel is under the direction of the world famous Dutch chef Schilo van Coevorden.
Named after ancient Japanese drums said to beat with a mythic rhythm, Taiko restaurant is chef Schilo Van Coevorden’s Asian-inspired restaurant situated within the hotel. With a live Taiko player beating harmonious rhythms every evening, Schilo’s explosive yet delicate Asian flavours are matched with a beautiful backdrop.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Meeting the high expectations of our guests through personal approach;
- Serving guests at Taiko, including taking orders and providing information, servicing dishes, preparing and settling bills with guests;
- Managing the team during shift;
- Motivating and training of team;
- Supervision, training and development of waitstaff;
- Consulting the Restaurant Manager and chef at the beginning of shift with regards to the progress of the day, special requests etc.;
- Coordinate mise en place work, as well as preparations for next shift;
- Keeping track of hour registration and making adjustments when needed;
- Handover at the end of shift to the Head of Department;
- Contributing to the success of the F&B outlet through upselling, active sales and cost efficient work.
- Hospitable and fun loving attitude to enrich the guest’s experience
- Affinity with food and beverage in the luxury segment
- Being prepared to work flexible shifts
- Available weekends and bank holidays
- Flexible and stress resistant
- You are a real motivator
- Good communicative skills both in Dutch and English
- Good product knowledge, local and international
- Able to work independently
- Contributing to the success of the F&B outlet through upselling, active sales and cost efficient work
- General knowledge of the city of Amsterdam
How To Apply:
- We celebrate our colleagues. We have a monthly program for ‘Colleague of the Month’;
- We offer various discounts in the hotel for colleagues, one of them is the discount for the basic and additional Collective Health insurance;
- We offer you an in-house experience and special discounts to visit our other hotels within The Set and Alrov Luxury Hotels;
- Do you think sustainability is important? So do we! We are a certified Green Globe hotel. We encourage our colleagues to go to work by bike;
- What about sports? Join our company hockey team. You can also participate in other sports events which are organised throughout the year;
- Our Colleague Entertainment Team will invite you for events with your colleagues. We think it is important to work hard but also play hard too!
Should you be interested in this position, then please send your CV and Motivation Letter to: email@example.com. If you have any questions about the vacancy, feel free to contact the HR department: 020-5700000.