A true holistic experience in a hospitality environment; that’s what Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre gives to their guests. Are you driven by a holistic view and are focused on the wellbeing of others? Would you like to contribute to the exceptional service to our world renowned guests in the number one 5 star luxury hotel of The Netherlands? Then this might be a perfect opportunity for you!
What are you going to do?
Your role will include performing (among others) Thai massages, Swedish massages, deep tissue massages and hot-stone massages to the highest standard. You will also perform our complete list of treatments; whether it be in our private Hammam or in our manicure and pedicure rooms. You will ensure each interaction is personalised leaving our guests with a long lasting 5 star experience. Feel free to check the website for a full overview of treatments.
Akasha has several teams making sure our guests are pampered and have the rest they come for. Together with a number of other therapists, from all ages and backgrounds, you carry out the above mentioned tasks. You communicate with the team of trainers, receptionists and attendants for ad-hoc needs and how you can assist them. You will report to the head therapist Stephanie, who oversees the therapists and makes sure you are properly trained and challenged every day!
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The name Akasha reflects a core vision to harmoniously unite the four basic elements of nature: earth, water, fire and air. The combination enables a transformational and balancing experience where body, mind and soul are aligned. Akasha is located in a 1000m2 area in the hotel, with 7 treatment rooms, a pool, Watsu tub and private Hammam. The serene environment is ideal for our guests to relax and recharge.
The team in Akasha consists of therapists, attendant, trainers and receptionists. With the management of Angelle Schut, Akasha has been awarded Best Hotel Spa of the Netherlands for five years in a row.
The spa is open daily from 6:30AM until 10:00PM. Therefore, make sure you are able to start as early as 6:15AM and leave as late as 11:00PM.
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 properties (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality.
Who are you?
A service minded therapist in the Conservatorium hotel will be the professional that offers our guests an amazing experience in a luxury high-end environment. He or she is energetic and are able to give treatments for up to 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
Furthermore you have:
- Experience in performing Thai massages, Swedish massages, deep tissue massages and hot-stone massages to the highest standard;
- 2-3 years of similar high-end experience;
- Understanding of holistic concepts;
- A combination of Therapist and Beautician is preferable;
- You have a good knowledge of the English and Dutch language;
- Already living in Amsterdam or surrounding cities, with valid work- and residence permit.
Please note that we will not consider you for this role if you do not meet the requirements.
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €2169,09 (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, like travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com