A true holistic experience in a hospitality environment; that’s what Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre gives to their guests. Are you driven by a holistic view and are focused on the wellbeing of others? Would you like to contribute to the exceptional service to our world renowned guests in the number one 5 star luxury hotel of The Netherlands? Then this might be a perfect opportunity for you!
Where are you going to check in?
Akasha Hollistic Wellbeing is the spa at the Conservatorium Hotel in Amsterdam, part of the SET-Hotels. Since 2015, the World Spa Award for best hotel spa in the Netherlands has been won by Akasha, five years in a row!
The name Akasha reflects a core vision to harmoniously unite the four basic elements of nature: earth, water, fire and air. The combination enables a transformational and balancing experience where body, mind and soul are aligned. Earth offers nourishment in our lounge bar, water flows through our spa, fire blazes across our gym and air breezes through our studios.
An 18 meter long lap pool, steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi form an oasis at the centre of Akasha and in the heart of the city. Seven treatment rooms, including a double treatment Akasha Suite, offer signature treatments which marry innovative Western practices with ancient Eastern traditions. There is a private Hammam for purifying scrubs and massages. Akasha also boasts Amsterdam’s only Watsu pool for tailored hydro treatments and guided meditation.
We use products from Anne Sémonin, The Tides, Natura Bissé and OPI.
What are you going to do?
Your role will include performing (among others) Thai massages, Swedish massages, deep tissue massages and hot-stone massages to the highest standard. You will also perform our complete list of treatments; whether it be in our private Hammam or in our manicure and pedicure rooms. You will ensure each interaction is personalised leaving our guests with a long lasting 5 star experience. Feel free to check the website for a full overview of treatments.
Akasha has several teams making sure our guests are pampered and have the rest they come for. Together with a number of other therapists, from all ages and backgrounds, you carry out the above mentioned tasks. You communicate with the team of trainers, receptionists and attendants for ad-hoc needs and how you can assist them. You will report to the head therapist Stephanie, who oversees the therapists and makes sure you are properly trained and challenged every day!
Who are you?
A service minded therapist in the Conservatorium hotel will be the professional that offers our guests an amazing experience in a luxury high-end environment. You are energetic and able to give treatments for up to 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
Furthermore you have:
- Experience in performing Thai massages, Swedish massages, deep tissue massages and hot-stone massages to the highest standard;
- At least 2-3 years of similar high-end experience;
- A good understanding of holistic concepts;
- Combination of Therapist and Beautician experience;
- Good knowledge of the English and Dutch language;
- Already living in Amsterdam or surrounding cities, with valid work- and residence permit in addition to the above.
What can you expect?
- A salary starting from € 2169,- (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, like a meal per shift, uniform provided and travel allowance based on your commute;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, spa and restaurants;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com