Do you love to work in a hospitality environment that stimulates you? Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Center is the biggest Hotel Spa & Gym in Amsterdam. In Akasha we offer our guests various experiences following the four elements. Are you service minded, have a sparkle and a holistic view that matches Akasha’s vision? Do you have proven management skills? Then this might be a perfect opportunity for you!
What are you going to do?
In your role as the Spa Manager in the Conservatorium hotel you have the important role of leading your team and to motivate them to learn on a daily basis. An important part of your role will therefore be to welcome them and provide them with any assistance they may require. You will be responsible for the schedules, trainings, classes given and maintaining the relationships with members, guests, freelancers, suppliers and VIPs.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The name Akasha reflects a core vision to harmoniously unite the four basic elements of nature: earth, water, fire and air. The combination enables a transformational and balancing experience where body, mind and soul are aligned. Akasha is located in a 1000m2 area in the hotel, with 7 treatment rooms, a pool, Watsu tub and private Hammam. The serene environment is ideal for our guests to relax and recharge.
The team in Akasha consists of therapists, attendant, trainers and receptionists. Akasha has been awarded Best Hotel Spa of the Netherlands for five years in a row. It is your goal to receive this award for the years to come!
The spa is open daily from 6:30AM until 10:00PM. Therefore, make sure you are able to start as early as 6:15AM and leave as late as 11:00PM.
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 properties (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is courteous and personable and likes to organise, coach, train and assist people.
Furthermore you have:
- Management experience in a Spa and/or Gym (franchise, owner, leadership role) preferably in a luxury setting;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Dutch are essential for this role;
- A strong sense of responsibility, always follows up, is accurate and knows how to deliver exceptional and personalised service.
What can you expect?
- An appropriate salary and employment conditions, like travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.