For the luxurious Conservatorium hotel, we are looking for an experienced host/hostess to join our restaurant team. For this position, we are looking for an enthusiastic and hospitable individual with an open attitude and passion for food & beverage. The capable candidate is a team player and has excellent guest service skills.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- The Host/Hostess ensures all guests are greeted upon arrival with a truly warm welcome. This will also be performed via telephone and email according to departmental standards;
- Setup and maintain an actual guest list per day and make sure all wishes of the guests are answered to;
- Setup and maintain, on the busiest days, a guests waiting list, to minimise fallout and accordingly manage a drop in occupancy levels in the restaurants;
- Welcome and greet all guests in a friendly, professional and sincere manner. When departing, the host or hostess needs to create a positive aftersale to our other restaurants and bars;
- Seat guests in the restaurant and explain to them the following steps of service;
- Answer all questions regarding the restaurants, the hotel and about Amsterdam; local knowledge is preferred;
- All guests’ wishes will be communicated with the (assistant) manager of the restaurants;
- As F&B host/hostess you are also partly responsible for the F&B reservations department, this you will do next to your operational responsibilities. F&B reservations will be part of your job for 1 or 2 days a week, this shift will be back of house and done independently;
- You will be supportive towards the different restaurants and you will assist them if necessary;
A commitment from you:
- To check, edit and send out all outgoing invoices;
- Guest and client contact relating to invoices;
- To manage and control the full accounts receivable ledger;
- To organise monthly credit meetings;
- To book and reconcile the bank statements on a daily base;
- Reconcile month end balances on accounts receivable;
- To administrate full membership administration of the spa and gym;
- Reconcile the credit card payments;
- Check and allocate M&E and group commission claims;
- Voucher administration;
- Research of declined credit cards;
Our Joie De Vivre:
- As our colleague, you have the advantage of using discounted room rates within the Set Hotels.
- Get rewarded with incredible prizes through our “Capturing Hearts & Minds Rewards Program” such as complimentary nights, various selection of vouchers and many more!
- You can use the F&B discount and Akasha product discount we have within the Set Hotels.
- Healthy mind and body – we take it seriously – participate with “Your Luxury Lifestyle Program”, a program where our colleagues can join all sorts of healthy body & mind activities throughout the year.
- Do you think sustainability is important? So do we! We are a certified Green Globe hotel. We stimulate our colleagues to go to work by bike.
- Our Colleague Entertainment Team will invite you for events with your colleagues. We think it is important to work hard but also to play and have fun together!
Do you have the potential to build a great place where people want to be? Then we would like to receive your CV and motivation via email@example.com. For further information about the hotel please refer to our website or our Facebook page