Internship Meeting & Events Sales - From January / February 2020 onwards
If you are someone who has good communication skills, a hands-on mentality, a critical eye for detail, can deal with deadlines and is interested to learn more about the Conservatorium hotel, then we invite you to apply for this internship.
What are you going to do?
As the Meeting & Events Sales trainee you will be supporting the Meeting & Events Sales department with the daily operations of Meeting & Events Sales, taking on increasing levels of responsibility in order to fully understand the department from a variety of perspectives. You will assist with daily administration, projects and the organization of events, give site inspections within the hotel and meeting spaces to potential guests, groups and businesses and will create reports for management.
You will independently handle group reservations for the Brasserie, Taiko restaurant and Taiko Bar as well as small events in one of our 6 event spaces.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium Hotel is a five star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are part of ‘The Set hotels’, which currently consists of three hotels (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality. Our guests consist of CEO’s, world famous artists and experienced travellers, which we service with our 300+ employees. We run a 24/7 operation and help each other where necessary.
Who are you?
For this opportunity we are looking for a student who is energetic, eager to learn and passionate about both the five star luxury hotel industry and Meeting & Events Sales. He or she has a hands-on mentality, is a team player, flexible and stress resistant.
Furthermore he or she:
- Has excellent command of English and Dutch language (written and spoken);
- Has HBO/WO Level, preferably with a marketing, communication and / or hospitality background;
- Is available for ten months.
What can you expect?
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the ability to grow and develop yourself and where sustainability is important (we are a certified Green Globe Hotel);
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various entertainment and sports events with all your colleagues!
- Besides working at the M&E department, you will experience cross training at other departments within the hotel, to get to know the hotel and your new colleagues.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.