Internship Cost Controller
Do you love to work in a hospitality environment that stimulates you? You are a team player with a hands-on mentality and would love to learn all there is about cost control in one of the leading 5 star hotels in Amsterdam. Besides cost control you can do cross training to learn more about the other departments in the hotel.
As a highly enthusiastic, driven and ambitious Cost Control trainee in the Conservatorium Hotel you will be guided by a supervisor.
This fulltime internship entails 38 working hours per week. Your working hours will be between office hours 9:00 – 17:00 hrs for a minimum of six months.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Together with the Cost Controller you will analyse the operations within the various Food and Beverage outlets of the hotel, in order to optimize the profitability.
- You will make and develop daily, weekly and monthly reports reflecting the performances of the Food and Beverage outlets in the hotel.
- Together with the Cost Controller, you will attend meetings with the Food and Beverage Management Teams to discuss results and discuss your findings on how to optimize the profits in the outlets.
- You will be responsible for maintaining the Point of Sales-systems in our hotel.
- Together with the Purchasing Department and Cost Controller, you will control the stock levels in the hotel and perform monthly inventory counts.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium Hotel is a five star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are part of ‘The Set hotels’, which currently consists of three hotels (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality. Our guests consist of CEO’s, world famous artists and experienced travellers, which we service with our 300+ employees. We run a 24/7 operation and help each other where necessary.
Who are you?
- HBO Education in Hospitality Management
- Excellent verbal and written language and communication skills in English and preferably Dutch
- Analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Being proactive and eager to learn
- Operational experience in restaurants and/or bars is a pre
- Time management skills and know how to prioritize
- Confident with Microsoft Excel
What can you expect?
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the ability to grow and develop yourself and where sustainability is important (we are a certified Green Globe Hotel);
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and bars;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various entertainment and sports events with all your colleagues!
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org