Groups & Events Coordinator
You are a natural in organising events, from enquiry stage to after-sales. As a highly enthusiastic and creative team player, you will feel at home in this environment. You are able to combine the requirements of the client with the possibilities within the hotel. You are flexible in work hours and potentially willing to work evenings and weekends.
What are you going to do?
As Groups & Events Coordinator in the Conservatorium hotel you are able to work with deadlines and continuously changing situations. You have sales skills and are comfortable with various sales techniques. You are able to advise clients with regards to the events they’re organising.
- You are responsible for sales pitches to clients with regards to specific enquiries, and booking and coordinating group/event reservations;
- You prepare proposals for groups/events and you’re responsible for managing and the follow-up of existing enquiries;
- You ensure groups/ events are confirmed at the hotel;
- Prior to and during the arrival, you are the contact for the guests;
- Together with the Groups & Events team you achieve/exceed the given revenue target;
- You make sure that all information with regards to the group/event, as agreed with the client, will be communicated and actioned by the operational departments within the hotel;
- You facilitate site visits for potential clients in the hotel;
- You keep your administration organised and up to date.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium hotel is a 5-star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are one of the four founding members of The Set Collection. A carefully curated luxury hotel collection, comprising of some of the world’s most exceptional, likeminded, independent hotels and resorts worldwide.
Who are you?
Our new colleague loves coordinating events, is aware of our client’s needs and has a positive approach with unique charms and their own sales style. He or she excels in translating the client’s wishes to possibilities at our hotel, is well organised, versatile, and is able to multi-task. He or she can stay calm under hectic circumstances and is a team player with a great sense of responsibility. Furthermore, you have:
- A ‘HBO’ working level and completed education ‘Hotel School’;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch language, both verbal and written;
- Experience within the hotel industry or in organising events is a preference;
- Experience as a Groups and Events Coordinator within hotels is a preference;
- Experience with Opera and/or Delphi is a preference.
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €2243,- (full time) and appropriate employment conditions and travel allowance based on your commute;
- An inspiring work environment where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Amsterdam F&B Discount Card – 50% discount in restaurants at other high-end hotels in Amsterdam;
- Discounted Health Insurance – get reduced rates on your health insurance at Zilveren Kruis;
- Taiko Cuisine, Brasserie & Lounge and Akasha – discounts in our outlets;
- Company Fitness – discounted rates on sport subscription with ‘BedrijfsFitness Nederland’;
- In-house Experiences – once-a-year complimentary stay in our hotels to both truly enjoy and learn about our guest experience;
- Discounted rates on the properties of The Set Collection– Amsterdam, Paris and London;
- Hire Incentive – recommend a friend and receive a nice bonus;
- Additional Benefits at Ecco, Brandmeester’s Coffee, Coffee District and Pasteuning Wines.
Are we your next destination?
Please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0042 or send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the abundance of applications, we receive for our career opportunities we will only reply to candidates that fit the job profile. When applying with us please make sure that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, have secured housing in Amsterdam and have the right experience and motivation. According to GDPR regulations, we will not save your personal details without your approval.