F&B Taiko Manager
Do you have affinity for restaurants in the luxury segment? Do you have experience managing a team and a passion for Asian cuisine? Then becoming a Manager in Taiko restaurant, Chef Schilo van Coevorden’s Asian inspired restaurant in the Conservatorium Hotel, may be the perfect opportunity for you!
What are you going to do?
As the manager of Taiko you will meet the high expectations of your guests through a personal approach. You will manage, supervise and motivate the team during shifts. You will keep track of hour registration and making adjustments when needed and you contribute to the success of the F&B outlet through upselling, active sales and cost efficient work.
We are planning to re-open later this year, we will be taking the time to select the right candidate. During the process we will share the exact planning for 2021.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium's Taiko Cuisine is located in the former percussion room of the Conservatorium School. In the early days, while walking along the Paulus Potterstraat with the open windows, people could hear the students practicing their drum solos.
This Asian inspired restaurant is created by Schilo Van Coevorden. We take the guests on a journey, every dish is created with the best quality products and attention to details. Just like in the past, the sounds of the drum bounce of the walls, thanks to the percussionist who plays the Taiko drum during dinner every Friday and Saturday night.
The kitchen of Taiko Cuisine is opened Mon-Thu 6:30PM – 10:30PM, while Friday and Saturday the kitchen is open until 11:30PM. Sundays the restaurant is closed.
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 properties (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is able to work independently, motivated to teaching others and a strong communicator. We are looking for people who share our DNA that as a team we go for continues development and strive for perfection.
Furthermore he or she has:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position in luxury restaurant or hotel;
- Extensive experience in Asian Cuisine;
- Excellent verbal knowledge of the English and Dutch language;
- Ability to work evenings, weekend shifts and bank holidays;
- Hospitable and fun loving attitude to enrich the guest’s experience;
- Flexible, stress resistant and a real motivator;
What can you expect?
- A competitive salary and appropriate employment conditions like travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com