Would you like to lead a team of 15 people? Is no job too big or too small for you? Do you enjoy being a mentor and go-to person for all mechanical and electrical issues? Do you like a new challenge every day? Then being Manager Engineering in the Conservatorium Hotel is the position for you!
What are you going to do?
As Manager you lead a team while keeping track of all financial aspects of the department. Not only are you a great engineer, but also know how to manage people and processes. You will solve technical problems, notice them before they arise and you know how to prevent them. You share your knowledge regarding legal procedures for fire safety, pool and elevators. You will make a planning for preventive maintenance and large renovations. Ultimately, you report to the Director of Engineering.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The building is over 100 years old, with many spaces only available for the engineering department. It is very interesting to see what goes on beyond the rooms and public spaces! Together as a team, we make sure that every day, the hotel looks like it has just been opened. The engineering department has a big variety of tasks and you never know what the day will bring you. One moment you are working on the pool, the next you are replacing a large glass panel.
The engineering team consists of carpenters, painters, duty engineers and handy-men. Together with the assistants that handle purchasing and administrative tasks, this team of 16 people is under leadership of Omar Ramadan, Director of Engineering. Shifts are usually from 8:00AM until 4:00PM, while the duty engineers work in 8-hours shifts, 24/7, every day of the year.
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 properties (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is a team orientated and reliable colleague, who enjoys working in a close team within a vibrant hotel.
Furthermore, he or she:
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge of Dutch and English language;
- Knowledge (and certifications) about mechanical installations and electrical engineering;
- Enthusiastic and team player;
- Responsible and flexible;
- Service orientated;
- Living in or near Amsterdam.
What can you expect?
- A salary ranging between €3300,- and €4200,- (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, like a meal per shift, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org