We are currently looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Sous Chef to strengthen our kitchen team at the luxurious Conservatorium hotel. As our Sous Chef you have a large amount of responsibility in the kitchen and you have a vital role in planning and directing food preparation in our Brasserie and/or Banqueting kitchens.
What are you going to do?
You will help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus and ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards. You supervise all food preparation and manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance. You will report to the Chef de Cuisine.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The kitchen of the Brasserie & Lounge is the largest on property where around 24 chefs are working daily. The team consists of Commis, Demi Chef de Parties, Chef de Parties, Sous Chef and Sr. Sous Chef. Under the leadership all dishes are created from the heart with respect to seasons, nature and environment.
We use state-of-the-art machines to prepare our food, like a Josper Barbecue. We use modern European techniques with Dutch influence and produce. Most of the products we get are produced locally.
The kitchen is opened from 5:00AM for the breakfast chefs, during the day other chefs will come and take over the shifts that could end as late as 23:00PM. When you apply for this department, please make sure you are able to arrive early mornings (if you apply for a position as Breakfast Chef) or leave late at night (for all other kitchen positions), and still be able to get home.
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 properties (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone to make the next step in their career, having experience as sr. Chef de Partie or jr. Sous Chef in a large operation.
Furthermore you have:
- At least six years of experience in kitchens;
- At least 2 years of experience in a leadership role (sr. Chef de Partie or jr. Sous Chef)
- An excellent record of kitchen and staff management;
- The ability to work under pressure;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both Dutch and English.
What can you expect?
- A competitive salary and appropriate employment conditions, like travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org