Is your nickname ‘The Night Owl’? Do you want to work with dedicated colleagues in one of the most beautiful five star luxury hotels of Amsterdam? Then this might be a perfect opportunity for you!
What are you going to do?
As Night Porter at the Conservatorium Hotel, you will be the main contact person for our guests and teams during the night. You will be welcoming guests who arrive late, assist them with their luggage and arrange transport or valet parking. When a guest has asked for another pillow or some extra towels, you will be the one taking care of this request. A flexible work ethic is important in this role, because no night will be the same.
What will your 5-star luxury working environment look like?
The different aspects of the Front of House department in the Conservatorium Hotel are located in the grand atrium of the hotel. This is where guests check in and out of their room, come with questions or seek advice.
The Front of House Management team is keen on training and developing the team of receptionists, luggage porters, doormen, hosts, guest service agents and night team. This department is open 24/7 and this vacancy is part of the night team, so please only apply when you are willing and able to work the night shifts.
The Conservatorium hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are one of the four founding members of The Set Collection. A carefully curated luxury hotel collection, comprising of some of the world’s most exceptional, likeminded, independent hotels and resorts worldwide.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is a friendly and curious colleague, who likes to help, support and inspire people. Furthermore, you have:
- Guest service experience at a four or five star hotel;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Dutch;
- You live in or near Amsterdam and have some know-how of our city;
- You have a driver’s license B;
- You are able to work night shifts.
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €2013, - (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Amsterdam F&B Discount Card – 50% discount in restaurants at other high-end hotels in Amsterdam;
- Discounted Health Insurance – get reduced rates on your health insurance at Zilveren Kruis;
- Taiko Cuisine, Brasserie & Lounge and Akasha – discounts in our outlets;
- Company Fitness – discounted rates on sport subscription with ‘BedrijfsFitness Nederland’;
- In-house Experiences – once-a-year complimentary stay in our hotels to both truly enjoy and learn about our guest experience;
- Discounted rates on the properties of The Set Collection– Amsterdam, Paris and London;
- Hire Incentive – recommend a friend and receive a nice bonus;
- Additional Benefits at Ecco, Brandmeester’s Coffee, Coffee District and Pasteuning Wines.
Are we your next destination?
Please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0042 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com.
Due to the abundance of applications, we receive for our career opportunities we will only reply to candidates that fit the job profile. When applying with us please make sure that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, have secured housing in Amsterdam and have the right experience and motivation. According to GDPR regulations, we will not save your personal details without your approval.