Do you enjoy working with people? Are you service minded and are you passionate about sharing your love of Amsterdam? Do you like organizing and do you have a sparkling personality? Then this may be the perfect opportunity to join our Host team.
The Host department is a unique concept within the Conservatorium Hotel and is a combination of Guest Relations and Concierge. After the guest has made a room reservation, the Host will contact the guest to identify their wishes. Each guest is personally accompanied to the room by a Host on arrival. The Host will be the contact person of the guest during his or her stay. The Host department is aware of everything that Amsterdam has to offer and can personally inform the guest about this.
What are you going to do?
As our Host you will contact our esteemed guests before arrival to understand all their wishes and even more. You anticipate to the wishes of the guest, you know even faster than the guest what will make them happy and you make the complete program for their stay. The Host is aware of all the different museums, activities, festivities and such in Amsterdam and surroundings. You can enthusiastically convince the guest to participate in these activities by booking restaurants, museums, tours, transfers and more.
In a good mood you communicate directly with guests in a conversation at our table in our stylish, lively and sometimes hectic lobby. You communicate in person as well as by telephone and by email. You handle all questions, requests and also complaints from the guest and resolve them quickly and accurately. You register and administer requests quickly, precisely and very accurately in our systems to inform guests and Host team about the correct agreements. As a Host you guide each guest personally to his or her room and explain all the facilities.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 hotels (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality. Our guests consist of CEO’s, world famous artists and experienced travellers, which we service with our 300+ employees. We run a 24/7 operation and help each other where necessary.
Who are you?
Our new colleague loves people in all their diversity, is aware of cultural - and culinary developments in Amsterdam and has a positive approach with unique charms and your own sales style. He or she can turn setbacks around into a fantastic experience in a creative way, can organize well (both own work and the guest's program) and is versatile, a multi-tasker and can switch quickly. He or she can stay calm under hectic circumstances and is a team player with a great sense of responsibility.
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English language (written and spoken), a third language preferable;
- Experience in a luxury hotel or sales in the luxury world (for example in fashion or on a cruise ship) is highly appreciated;
- Experience within Guest Relations, Concierge and / or Events is an advantage;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Go Concierge/Alice, Opera or Fidelio.
What can you expect?
- A salary starting from €1871,- (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, like a pension plan, travel expenses, collective health insurance etc.;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the ability to grow and develop yourself and where sustainability is important (we are a certified Green Globe Hotel);
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and bars;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various entertainment and sports events with all your colleagues!
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org