Do you have a welcoming personality? Are you able to leave a first impression that lasts? Can you survive the elements of four uniquely Dutch seasons and keep a warm smile on your face? Then this may be the perfect position for you!
What are you going to do?
As our Doorman you will be the first and last point of contact for our guests. Within this role you take personal pride and ownership of our guests’ arrival and departure experience. You will provide guests with directions, acting as our ambassador when assisting with any questions asked by our guests, suppliers or visitors. Within your role as Doorman you follow company standards and treat everyone in a warm, friendly and respectful manner.
You will introduce our guests and visitors to the front office team, co-ordinate luggage delivery together with the luggage porters, arrange transportation, control the flow of traffic and valet parking. Throughout your workday you stay up-to-date with all VIP’s and regular guests visiting any of our outlets. You will ensure each conversation is personalised, leaving our guests with a long-lasting 5 star experience.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium Hotel has two main entrances. At the bustling Van Baerlestraat we not only welcome visitors for hotel but also for our luxury shops, brasserie and wellness. Our Courtyard entrance is where hotel guests come by car and we offer them valet parking service. Both entrances lead to the grand atrium of the hotel. This is where our guests come to check-in, enjoy their coffee in the lounge, go for a bite to eat in the Brasserie or make their way down to our invigorating Wellness.
Our Front Office Management Team is keen on training and developing the team of Receptionists, Luggage Porters, Door Hosts and Guest Relations Agents. This department is open 24/7 so make sure that when you apply, you are available for all types of shifts.
The Conservatorium hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are one of the four founding members of The Set Collection. A carefully curated luxury hotel collection, comprising of some of the world’s most exceptional, likeminded, independent hotels and resorts worldwide.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is friendly and courteous, enjoys interacting with guests and wants to be a true Ambassador of the Conservatorium Hotel.
Furthermore he or she has:
- At least one year experience in the same or similar position;
- Detailed knowledge of the hotspots and hidden gems of Amsterdam;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch language;
- Willingness to start at 07.00 hours and finish at 00.00 hours due to shifts starting/ending at these times, work weekdays and weekends;
- You have a driver’s license (Dutch driver’s license B).
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €1861,- (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, travel allowance based on your commute, pension fund and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Rewarding upselling programs for memberships, treatments and products;
- Amsterdam F&B Discount Card – 50% discount in restaurants at other high-end hotels in Amsterdam;
- Discounted Health Insurance – get reduced rates on your health insurance at Zilveren Kruis;
- Taiko Cuisine, Brasserie & Lounge and Akasha – discounts in our outlets;
- Company Fitness – discounted rates on sport subscription with ‘BedrijfsFitness Nederland’;
- In-house Experiences – once-a-year complimentary stay in our hotels to both truly enjoy and learn about our guest experience;
- Discounted rates on the properties of The Set Collection– Amsterdam, Paris and London;
- Hire Incentive – recommend a friend and receive a nice bonus;
- Additional Benefits at Ecco, Brandmeester’s Coffee, Coffee District and Pasteuning Wines.
Are we your next destination?
Please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0042 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com.
Due to the abundance of applications, we receive for our career opportunities we will only reply to candidates that fit the job profile. When applying with us please make sure that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, have secured housing in Amsterdam and have the right experience and motivation. According to GDPR regulations, we will not save your personal details without your approval.