Does the term “Manhattan” relate more to a cocktail than a city to you? Do you spend your time off watching ice cube carving videos on YouTube? Do you enjoy working in a lively atmosphere, have a passion for cocktails and want to work in the best, most vibrant bar in Amsterdam? Then this might be a perfect opportunity for you!
What are you going to do?
As a bartender in our Taiko Bar you will become part of a great team of professionals serving our guests with drinks, great cocktails and food parings. You will take orders, inspire our guests with our international cocktail menu and Asian inspired dishes, provide service, wait tables and handle the settling of bills. You will make sure everyone feels welcome, has a great time, while at the same time maintaining complete overview and providing courteous and professional service behind the bar and on the floor.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
With excellent service from some of Amsterdam’s best bartenders, supreme bites from Taiko Cuisine and a cocktail menu that makes you feel like you’re in a speakeasy in Roppongi, guests can expect all of this from the welcoming and casual setting of Taiko Bar. On the weekends, DJs create a club-like atmosphere and there’s a high-energy karaoke night for a memorable night out with friends. Taiko Bar translates the sophisticated nightlife of global cities such as Bangkok, Tokyo and Shanghai into the intimate, cozy setting of an Amsterdam neighborhood pub.
We believe the secret ingredients of Taiko Bar’s success are paying special attention to each and every guest and being able to respond effortlessly to their needs. As a team, we are try finding perfect and harmonious flavor combinations and creating an atmosphere filled with happy people. Taiko Bar is opened Thu-Sun from 16:00 to 01:00. The bar closes after midnight, keep this in mind when applying for this role.
The Conservatorium hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are one of the four founding members of The Set Collection. A carefully curated luxury hotel collection, comprising of some of the world’s most exceptional, likeminded, independent hotels and resorts worldwide.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is both passionate and determined. He or she has an open personality, enjoys lively conversation, team work and as able to work well under pressure. Furthermore, you are/have:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in similar position in a cocktail bar;
- Has excellent knowledge of English (must) and Dutch (preferable) language;
- Knows the classics and is open to learn more about Asian inspired cocktails;
- Living in Amsterdam and has at least two local references;
- Attended several courses in bartending (IBS, specialty classes).
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €1987, - (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Amsterdam F&B Discount Card - this card equals 50% discount to dine in at the top hotel restaurants of Amsterdam (after completing probation period);
- Discounted Health Insurance - As an employee of the Conservatorium hotel you can have a discount on your health insurance at Achmea, Zilveren Kruis;
- In-house Experiences – wonderful complimentary stays in our hotels to both truly enjoy and learn about the experience we offer our guests;
- Discounted rates on the (F&B) properties of The Set Hotels – Conservatorium (Amsterdam), Lutetia (Paris) and Café Royal (London);
- A New Hire Incentive – A successful referral might reward you a beautiful incentive;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0042 or send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the abundance of applications, we receive for our career opportunities we will only reply to candidates that fit the job profile. When applying with us please make sure that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, have secured housing in Amsterdam and have the right experience and motivation. According to GDPR regulations, we will not save your personal details without your approval.