Host/ Guest Relations Trainee
We are looking for an enthusiastic Host trainee. Are you looking for a fun and instructive internship within the Host department?
The Host Department is a unique concept in Amsterdam. This department combines the two roles of a concierge and Guest Relations.
Prior to arrival the Host will contact the guest in order to verify any special wishes. Based on this information the Host can easily do proper recommendations for things to do in the city. During the guest’s stay the Host will be the knowledgeable and local friend in Amsterdam.
As a Host Trainee you will be mainly working behind the scenes in order to prepare the guest’s stay prior to arrival and will support the Hosts where needed.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Guest Relations Coordinator;
- Supporting the Hosts & Back Office Host;
- Preparing (VIP) guest arrivals;
- Communication between the Host Department and other operational departments within the hotel;
- Taking care of (VIP) guest amenities.
Besides your daily duties, a personal project will be assigned. The subject will be discussed together with the Guest Relations Coordinator & Host Manager. Examples could be: increasing the ‘’wow’’ factor or implementing a new product or service. Additionally you will be cross training with different departments within the hotel, in order familiarise with the hotel services and your colleagues.
Do you recognise yourself in the following profile?
- You are able to speak and write Dutch and English fluently
- You want to grow your personal and professional knowledge
- Service minded
- Experience in a (luxury) hotel
- Knowledge of the reservation system Opera is an advantage
- Enthusiastic, energetic, friendly, helpful and passionate
How To Apply:
- We celebrate our colleagues. We have a monthly program for ‘Colleague of the Month’;
- We offer various discounts in the hotel for colleagues, one of them is the discount for the basic and additional Collective Health insurance;
- We offer you an in-house experience and special discounts to visit our other hotels within The Set and Alrov Luxury Hotels;
- Do you think sustainability is important? So do we! We are a certified Green Globe hotel. We encourage our colleagues to go to work by bike;
- What about sports? Join our company hockey team. You can also participate in other sports events which are organised throughout the year;
- Our Colleague Entertainment Team will invite you for events with your colleagues. We think it is important to work hard but also play hard too!
Should you be interested in this position, then please contact the HR department via 020-5700000 or send your CV and Motivation Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.