Meeting & Events Supervisor
Are you ready to step up to a Supervisor role? Do you want to contribute to the operational success of one of Amsterdam’s leading luxury hotels? Then this is the job opportunity you have been looking for.
What are you going to do?
As our new Meeting & Events Supervisor you will support our Meeting & Events and Room Service Manager in all aspects of the daily operation of the hotel’s banqueting department. You will help supervise the team, support with team meetings, scheduling and training. Every day you ensure that the team delivers service that is performed to its highest level, following our Conservatorium hotel standards. Together with the Manager and his Assistant Manager you will be responsible for the planning, cleanliness and the efficient organisation of the department, as well as observation of all F&B HACCP rules and regulations.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The majority of the Meeting & Events spaces in the Conservatorium Hotel are located in our glass building at the heart of the hotel, and consists of six meeting rooms. In the Blue, Yellow, Red and Orange rooms, small events take place such as corporate meetings and private dinners. In our larger spaces, the Symphony and Harmony rooms, we hold functions up to 150 people. With a team of experienced and passionate colleagues, that understand what it means to deliver service in this hotel, you make sure that all events are hosted seamlessly.
The Conservatorium hotel is a 5-star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are one of the four founding members of The Set Collection. A carefully curated luxury hotel collection, comprising of some of the world’s most exceptional, likeminded, independent hotels and resorts worldwide.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is service-orientated, takes the lead and is able to work with last-minute changes and tight deadlines. He or she understands the strength of training and team work. Furthermore, you have/are:
- Experience with hosting both corporate and leisure events;
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role (Supervisor / Team Leader);
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch language (written and spoken);
- Lives in the Amsterdam area;
- Willingness to work various shifts, including: mornings, evenings, weekdays and weekends.
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €2243,- (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Amsterdam F&B Discount Card – 50% discount in restaurants at other high-end hotels in Amsterdam;
- Discounted Health Insurance – get reduced rates on your health insurance at Zilveren Kruis;
- Taiko Cuisine, Brasserie & Lounge and Akasha – discounts in our outlets;
- Company Fitness – discounted rates on sport subscription with ‘BedrijfsFitness Nederland’;
- In-house Experiences – once-a-year complimentary stay in our hotels to both truly enjoy and learn about our guest experience;
- Discounted rates on the properties of The Set Collection– Amsterdam, Paris and London;
- Hire Incentive – recommend a friend and receive a nice bonus;
- Additional Benefits at Ecco, Brandmeester’s Coffee, Coffee District and Pasteuning Wines.
Are we your next destination?
Please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0042 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com.
Due to the abundance of applications, we receive for our career opportunities we will only reply to candidates that fit the job profile. When applying with us please make sure that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, have secured housing in Amsterdam and have the right experience and motivation. According to GDPR regulations, we will not save your personal details without your approval.