Assistant Meeting & Events Manager
Are you ready to step up to an Assistant Manager role? Do you want to contribute to the operational success of one of Amsterdam’s leading luxury hotels? Advance your career as our new Assistant Meeting & Events Manager.
What are you going to do?
As the Assistant Meeting & Events Manager you will support our Meeting & Events and Room Service Manager in all aspects of the daily operation of the hotel’s Events department. You will supervise the team, support with team meetings, scheduling, training and administration. Every day you work together with the team to ensure that service is performed to its highest level, following our Conservatorium hotel and LQA standards. Together with the manager you will be responsible for the planning, cleanliness and the efficient organisation of the department, as well as observation of all F&B HACCP rules and regulations.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Meeting & Events space in the Conservatorium Hotel is located in our glass building at the heart of the hotel, and consists of 6 meeting rooms. In the Blue, Yellow, Red and Orange room, small events take place such as corporate meetings, private dinners and board meetings. In our larger spaces, the Symphony and Harmony rooms, we hold functions up to 150 people. With a team of experienced and passionate colleagues, that understand what it means to work in this hotel, you make sure that all events are hosted seamlessly.
The Conservatorium hotel is a 5-star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are one of the four founding members of The Set Collection. A carefully curated luxury hotel collection, comprising of some of the world’s most exceptional, likeminded, independent hotels and resorts worldwide.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is service-orientated, takes the lead and able to work with deadlines. He or she is believing in the strength of training and team work.
Furthermore, you have/are:
- Experience with hosting both corporate and leisure events;
- Two years of experience in a similar role (Supervisor / Team Leader);
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch language (written and spoken);
- Lives close to the hotel;
- Willingness to work various shifts, including: mornings, evenings, weekdays and weekends.
What can you expect?
- A competitive salary and appropriate employment conditions, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Amsterdam F&B Discount Card - this card equals 50% discount to dine in at the top hotel restaurants of Amsterdam (after completing probation period);
- Discounted Health Insurance - As an employee of the Conservatorium hotel you can have a discount on your health insurance at Achmea, Zilveren Kruis;
- In-house Experiences – wonderful complimentary stays in our hotels to both truly enjoy and learn about the experience we offer our guests;
- Discounted rates on the (F&B) properties of The Set Hotels – Conservatorium (Amsterdam), Lutetia (Paris) and Café Royal (London);
- A New Hire Incentive – A successful referral might reward you a beautiful incentive;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0042 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com
Due to the abundance of applications, we receive for our career opportunities we will only reply to candidates that fit the job profile. When applying with us please make sure that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, have secured housing in Amsterdam and have the right experience and motivation. According to GDPR regulations, we will not save your personal details without your approval.