Guest Service Agent
Do you enjoy looking after people? Are you service minded and are you passionate about sharing your love of Amsterdam? Do you like organizing and do you have a sparkling personality? Then this may be the perfect opportunity to join our Guest Services team.
What are you going to do?
As our Guest Services Agent you will contact our guests before arrival to understand all their wishes and even more. You anticipate to the wishes of the guest, you know even faster than the guest what will make them happy and you make the complete program for their stay. As a host of our hotel and city, you are aware of all the different museums, activities, and festivities as such in Amsterdam and surroundings. You can enthusiastically convince the guest to participate in these activities by booking restaurants, museums, tours, transfers and more.
You communicate directly with guests in at our table in our stylish, lively and sometimes hectic lobby. You communicate in person as well as by telephone and by email. You handle all questions, requests and also complaints from the guest and resolve them quickly and accurately. You register and administer requests quickly, precisely and very accurately in our systems to inform guests and Guest Services team about the correct agreements. As a Guest Services Agent you guide each guest personally to his or her room and explain all the facilities.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
At the Conservatorium hotel, a personal Guest Service Agent is assigned to each and every guest. The Guest Service Department is a new concept, a fusion of Concierge and Guest Relations, providing an individual service to our guests. Our Guest Service Agents can take care of bookings and arrangements, give an insight into the city, offer in-the-know advice and even introduce guests to locals.
Our Guest Services Manager, Unwanna van der Werk is leading this team of professionals. With continued training and outings the knowledge of every team member is kept up-to-date. Located next to the reception, at a large white round table, you will see that this department is not like in other hotels. Have a chat with a guest, share insider knowledge and make their stay the very best they ever had!
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Collection’, which currently consists of 4 properties (Amsterdam, Paris, London & Jersusalem) all operating on the highest level of hospitality.
Who are you?
Our new colleague loves people in all their diversity, is aware of cultural - and culinary developments in Amsterdam and has a positive approach with unique charms and your own sales style. He or she can turn setbacks around into a fantastic experience in a creative way, can organize well (both own work and the guest's program) and is versatile, a multi-tasker and can switch quickly. He or she can stay calm under hectic circumstances and is a team player with a great sense of responsibility.
Furthermore you have:
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch (must) and English language (written and spoken), a third language preferable;
- Experience in a luxury hotel or sales in the luxury world (for example in fashion or on a cruise ship) is highly appreciated;
- Experience within Guest Relations, Concierge and / or Events is an advantage;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Go Concierge/Alice, Opera or Fidelio.
What can you expect?
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €1945,96 (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, like a meal per shift, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com