MBO Internship Stewarding
Are you looking for a Hotel Steward job? The Stewarding Management Trainee is responsible for managing all back of house operations, excluding the actual food production. You will supervise the operations of the Stewarding Department during the morning, afternoon and evening shifts to ensure proper washing and kitchen utensil sanitation. You are expected to maintain back of house and all outlets surfaces and utensils in compliance with hotel guidelines. As a management trainee you will work closely with the Stewarding Manager.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Direct colleagues in completion of tasks as designated by assignment sheets and/or needs;
- Kitchen sanitation including strict compliance with Dept. of Health requirements and ordinances;
- Responsible for the transport of perishable and non-perishable assets between the existing facilities and other locations;
- Responsible for maintenance of the food areas including inventory and purchasing;
- Responsible for developing weekly schedules while maintaining labor costs and labor budgets;
- Assist with hiring, training, reviewing, disciplinary action and termination of colleagues within the Stewarding Department;
- Oversee requisition of all equipment necessary for events;
- Manage flow of activity in the kitchen during production and during events;
- Assist with plating out during sit-down dinners as well as setting up and preparing coffee for events;
- May be required to assist other departments with setting up meals/ buffets;
- Ensure departmental safety procedures are being followed;
- Ensure proper usage and preventative maintenance of all machinery and equipment used in the Stewarding Department;
- Set-up and maintain inventory of supplies, plan and budget the purchasing of China glassware and silverware for the entire F&B division;
- To create a productive, efficient, and enjoyable work environment by motivating colleagues, implementing new procedures, generating new ideas and instilling values of company within the team;
- To multi task and handle numerous tasks at once;
- Strong attention to detail to insure that hotel standards of quality are maintained;
- To operate washing equipment and handle extreme room temperatures;
- To direct subordinates to complete assigned tasks as well as assist in performing tasks that are normally delegated to subordinates;
- To communicate effectively with associates, management, clients and vendors if necessary.
We are looking for a student whom affiliates themselves with the following profile:
- Eager to learn
How To Apply:
- We celebrate our colleagues. We have a monthly program for ‘Colleague of the Month’;
- We offer various discounts in the hotel for colleagues, one of them is the discount for the basic and additional Collective Health insurance;
- We offer you an in-house experience and special discounts to visit our other hotels within The Set and Alrov Luxury Hotels;
- Do you think sustainability is important? So do we! We are a certified Green Globe hotel. We encourage our colleagues to go to work by bike;
- What about sports? Join our company hockey team. You can also participate in other sports events which are organised throughout the year;
- Our Colleague Entertainment Team will invite you for events with your colleagues. We think it is important to work hard but also play hard too!
Should you be interested in this Hotel Steward job, then please contact the HR department via 020-5700000 or send your CV and Motivation Letter to: email@example.com.