The Conservatorium Hotel respects the privacy of all its customers and business partners, and treats personal information (personal data) provided by them as confidential. We will collect, use and store such information with all due care and diligence, in accordance with the Dutch Data Protection Act.
1. Who is the Conservatorium Hotel?
The Conservatorium Hotel is a hotel that is part of The Set Hotels. The Conservatorium Hotel is registered at the Chamber of Commerce under number 50975773 and has its registered offices at Van Baerlestraat 27, 1071AN Amsterdam.
By using the Website of the Conservatorium Hotel, www.conservatoriumhotel.com (hereinafter: the Website), you can among other things use online reservations, submit enquiries and feedback forms, respond to surveys and promotions, submit a job application and subscribe to the newsletter or request a brochure.
By performing the abovementioned acts, you provide the Conservatorium Hotel with personal data about you. The manner in which your personal data are used has been reported to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
2. What information does the Conservatorium Hotel collect and process?
Depending on what functionalities of the Website you use, the types of personally identifiable information that we collect may include but not be limited to the following information:
Information you provide in the context of a service of the Conservatorium Hotel
- E-mail address;
- Telephone number;
- Passport Number or identity card number;
- Credit card information, including the name of the cardholder and the billing address, the card number and the expiry date;
- Information about your preferences and family, including room preferences, leisure activities, names and ages of children and any other information necessary to fulfill special requests;
- Information about your use of the Website, communication preferences, aggregated data relative to your stays and responses to promotional offers and surveys;
- Any other information that you voluntarily provide to the Conservatorium Hotel.
Our customers should also be aware that information and data may be automatically collected through the standard operation of our internet servers and through the use of “cookies”. “Cookies” are small text files a web site can use to recognize repeat users, facilitate the user’s ongoing access to and use of the site and allow a site to track usage behavior and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements and targeted advertising.
We also collect technical information on your computer each time you open a page during your visit to our sites. This information includes your IP address (Internet Protocol), the operating system used, the type of browser. We collect this information to improve the quality of your visit to our site and do not sell or transfer this information to third parties. These temporary cookies are a built-in feature of the technology used. Most browsers automatically accept these cookies, but you can delete them or have them automatically refused. As each browser is different, you should refer to the “help” section on your browser toolbar to find out how to set your preferences regarding cookies.
Cookies of the Conservatorium Hotel cannot damage your computer or the files saved on it.
4. For what purposes will the Conservatorium Hotel use information about you?
The Conservatorium Hotel may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To allow you to use the Website and to provide the services of the Conservatorium Hotel (such as making a reservation, or fulfilling a request for information);
- For identification and verification purposes;
- To process payments;
- To send you information about the own services of the Conservatorium Hotel such as sending you updates on our latest promotions and (if you have given your consent) the services of selected partners of the Conservatorium Hotel;
- For market research via surveys to better serve your needs, improve the effectiveness of our Website, your hotel experience, our various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities;
- To generate anonymous statistical data;
- To secure the Website and configure the Website to your wishes and needs.
- To provide information about you to third parties and or provide access to such information if you have given your consent or based on laws and/or regulation.
Messages from the Conservatorium Hotel
The Conservatorium Hotel will occasionally send you email updates about our latest products and services, as well as special offers to those who subscribe to such services. Should you decide not to receive any email updates from us, feel free to unsubscribe from these services or please e-mail us to remove you from the subscription list. An opportunity to opt out is also provided in every message the Conservatorium Hotel sends you.
Use by third parties
The Conservatorium Hotel will not provide your personal data to third parties for direct marketing purposes, unless you have given your explicit consent to do so (such as the sending of offers and promotions).
The Conservatorium Hotel will provide your information to third parties insofar as you have expressly given your consent with regard to a specific third party and/or insofar as the information is not traceable to you (such as automatically generated information).
The Conservatorium Hotel will also provide your personal data to third parties if it is obliged to do so on account of national or international laws, case law and/or regulations or if the Conservatorium Hotel considers it necessary to do so in defense of its own rights.
5. How does the Conservatorium Hotel protect your personal information?
To maintain the accuracy of the personal data, as well as preventing from unauthorised access and ensuring the correct use of the personal data, The Conservatorium Hotel has carried out appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure the personal data it collects online. The website has a firewall in place, which is devised and set up to protect the personal data collected from you against unauthorised or accidental access.
6. Viewing, changing and deleting your data
If you wish to know what information the Conservatorium Hotel has collected about you, you can send the Conservatorium a request to receive an overview of your personal data by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Conservatorium Hotel will provide you with the written information within 4 weeks.
If the personal data the Conservatorium Hotel processes about you are inaccurate, incomplete or unnecessary for the purposes for which they were collected, you can request the Conservatorium Hotel to rectify, erase or block the data. The Conservatorium Hotel will respond to such a request within 4 weeks.
If you have any queries or comments concerning our privacy and security matters, please e-mail us at email@example.com.